BT broadband front filter plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of fitting a filter plate to the top of my master socket. But I see there are at least 2 types on ebay.

Ones with the socket on the top. Or ones with the sockets side by side.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Broadband...127?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a977c45d7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VDSL2-ADS...990?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339ffa1996

Could someone advise which is better?

Which one sticks out further ?

Do both allow ASDL wires to be connected up away from the master socket?

What's VDSL ?

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
VDSL - Very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line commonly referred to as fibre broadband.

First link is to the latest BT socket and yes there are IDC connectors to run wire to remote location of router.

Both items are basically the same thing and performance will be similar.
Both project from the wall by virtually the same amount and both allow onward, filtered connections for your broadband.(connect to terminals A & B)
For telephone extensions only connect to terminals 2,3 and 5. (your broadband will not work on any telephone extensions)
Both examples you have given are basically from the same company. There are 3 'companies' sharing the same address but have
different 'owners'.
Seems strange, but after their names were mentioned in another online forum regarding selling Openreach branded items (ie stolen), they only seem to sell unbranded items now!
Personally I would pick a different buyer selling similar products.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

I hadn't researched the sellers, just quickly picked those links for their pictures.

Sponsored Links
Well they certainly stick out a lot !

The one with the sockets top and bottom :

Surface mounted = 6cm
Flush mounted = 3.5cm

Total amount including the existing socket.

Filter adds 2.3cm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back