Builder wont finish flat roof

Cause one problem quickly turns into several and when the builders work like snails your just glade that the walls have gone up and hope that the problems get sorted before the builder decides he's finished, plus its not until you start poking about that you spot the problems. The other thing is, i am not a builder so I don't know what to look for when it comes to shoddy workmanship. admittedly alarm bells did go off when he installed a window with a 3" gap on 3 sides and filed the gap with expanding foam...

your right i should of stopped him.

Sponsored Links
blimey, you're a bit of a soft touch aren't you, what happens when / if you come to sell the place?

just out of interest what did he cover 3" of expanding foam with.
you really shouldn't have paid him until both yourself and BC were happy.
If anything is substandard or not up to regs you really should be getting him back to sort it and going down the legal route if necessary.
With regards to your original question then no you shouldn't be painting anything on top it needs to be finished with a suitable capping sheet , not to mention all the verge and drip details need to be finished. Find yourself a flat roofer.

Thanks, I have found a roofer, i have the BCO comming tomorrow so i will see what he says and get the builder back if needed, i paid the guy as he finished before christmas and was moaning about his kids not having a good christmas this year, couldnt hold onto the last payment and see his kids going without a christmas could i?

Sponsored Links

LOL-Doggy.jpg

sounds like the two main plys are on, all that's left is for you to install the coating. With out pictures though, I can't be sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back