Burglar alarms this time...

Hi All,

Well, I got a little side tracked on Saturday, and bought a complete new system. :LOL:

I have wired up the new panel and RKP's. Just need to swap over the BB now. That dreaded thing... :cry:

I have a question though...

Although the panel and PIR wiring was pretty much straight forward, the manual referred to something called EOL. End Of Line technology. Which involves the use of resistors to control the tamper feature.

The way I have wired the Tamper, is with the aid of a connection block and running all the zones in parallel as per the manual.

I can only presume, as the manual was a little vague, that EOL is an alternative way of configuring the Global Tamper feature.

Could someone please take the time to explain the pros and cons between the two... and whether I need bother with EOL???

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
EOL allows the panel to se each tamper circuit, and tell you which has operated. The Global can't.

The EOL is a little more secure, although Global DP wiring has been around for years and is still used.

I hope you mean series and not parallel. If you have wired the global correctly, you should have lots of terminal blocks linking the return from one pir to the out of the next and so on....

What system have you got??

i shall elaborate.

EOL is End Of Line basically you have two wires for each circuit (not counting 2 for 12v) each detector or door, pa button, yakedy yakedy yakedy has 2 resisors (value depends on panel) one is a "shunt" resistor and goesacross (paralell) with the contact in what ever, the other goes in series with the contact.

this can indicate 4 things to the panel

Panel sees

EOL resistor = all ok
EOL & shunt = contact open
No resistance (short) some one has shorted cable
Very high resistance (or cut cable) tamper fault

Using the EOL gives better security since it can not (almost) be "interfeared with, also an 8 cor cable can have 6 detectors all indicatin their various states

traditional 4 wires have the problem that one pair is tamper the other circuit. if shorted WHEN SET it will cause an alarm condition. if just the circuit pair are cut you wont know till you try to set.

Some panels have the option for both / either

I certainly do Lectrician... My apologies for that typo...

The box is a Texecom - Excel, with an additional RKP. Much cheaper than the Gardtec range. Hopefully that doesn't mean they are cr@p.

Guys,

I like the sound of the additional features the EOL method presents. Although, I'm finding it difficult to understand how to implement.

Would you agree that the chocky block method of global tamper is secure enough and that should a cable be sabotaged, this would cause an alarm???

Cheers...

Sponsored Links
I also would using sleving and solder rather than chock blocks. but thats me.

Breezer, Cheers for explaining that, allways wondered how the 'bigger' alarms coped with more detectors and seemingly less cables.

David

Texecom is great kit.

The engineers that developed the Menvier Networker range (top dog panels), where poached by Texecom, and are now developing their kit. This is why there is so many similarities!

Texecom A+ for me!

That's good to hear Lectrician.

If it behaves as good as it looks, then we are on to a winner...

Gonna finish the wiring this weekend, and make it live.

Do you use the chocky block tamper implementation yourself???

Well.....

The new system is installed and working with no problems. :LOL:

Touch wood.....

I followed the advice given to remove the existing sounder, which turned out to be a relatively simple job.

Thanks again to all who gave extremely good advice.

Cheers,

MrMark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back