Burley gas fire and vent size

thanks,
So let me get this straight.......

I need a 100cm2 of free air

The smallest hole is 5"

I still need a vent that states 100cm2 of free air, not 35cm2

Height is not a real issue, just fit the damn vent.

One final question unless I missed anything else, does this vent need to be electrical or can it be just a simple vent!

Sponsored Links
Is everyone else starting to feel sorry for the poor guy who is going to be fitting this.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanks,
So let me get this straight.......

I need a 100cm2 of free air

I still need a vent that states 100cm2 of free air, not 35cm2

No... You need a vent or vents that provide the air required by the manufacturer. If you have the manufacturers installation instructions then this information is in there.. What the instructions say must be provided.

If there are no installation instructions then the fire cannot be installed.

Sponsored Links
The only info from Burley I have is 100cm2 of free air.

But throughout they are very non committal

He has already stated he has manual and it says 100cm2

I'm sorry Namsag, but I can't see where he has stated that he has the MFRs instructions.. which leads me to think that the fire is second hand

ON the first line after hi all..............He says manual states i need 100cm2 which i took as he had it

Hi
Fire is brand new.

One final time please gents.

Just wanted to if what size vent I need to fit, what size hole is 100cm2.

What height.

Hope this gets us back to basics

Alsys11, If this link works then its page 199 any of the first two,
http://www.bes.co.uk/

No please your more than welcome my pleasure :LOL: ;)

Go with what Namsag said and fit it high rather than low, trust me he would give a bum steer:cool:

;)

Sorry part number:- 7650, or 7651 :oops:

Thanks chaps, hope the wife likes this bloody thing,I'm getting bored with nonsense, believe me you have not lived through what I have had to! lol

CG Don`t ya just hate it :LOL: :LOL: done it mself loads of times usually with a drink in me :oops:

To make it worse, I haven't touched a drop yet, spent most of this evening scraping soot and debris off myself from what began as a straight forward fire install... Customer swore blind that the old lead pipes that ran to the old back boiler had been removed and the holes sealed last time he had a fire installed

clf the problem was vent was close to fire and the draught was keeping the pilot playing on the asd thus keeping the fire burning when it should have tripped out.

Also the fire was overgassed it had come out of the factory set wrong but the RGI confessed to not checking it "assuming it would be set correct". At the time the M/I did not specify a vent location either.I am mates with the certification manager who had to visit the guy in prison and tell him his CCN1 was revoked. Apparently it had to be done face to face. He says the chap was a nice bloke and quite knowledgeable just made a fatal error... should be a warning to all.

Gasacs thats why i said indirectly caused by the vent and rules have now been changed regards position. The guy was unlucky not as unlucky as the customer though.
Why was his cnn1 revoked where does it say if you balls up this can happen.
Edit just googled it
No the guy was not unlucky he was infact ILLEGAL although corgi registered he only had boiler ticket and was not qualified to work on fires which perhaps if he was certain things like flame picture/lift etc might have made him look deeper if he had the knowledge.
Confirms my point on topic i raised about corgi guys being honest and working out of remit because they think they know it all this one clearly didn`t

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back