cable chanel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I will need to fit some sockets in kitchen and will have to chisel in wall for cable run. Is there a special tool that maybe I could hire to help with the chiseling or is it a case of hammer for England until the jobs done

Sponsored Links
Pensdown said:
The only one i know of is called Wayne the apprentice :D

Could have swore that I heard somewhere that there was a tool to make this job easier.

thanks for help anyway

Sponsored Links
tintintintin said:
Could have swore that I heard somewhere that there was a tool to make this job easier.

There are lots of such tools out there but they all have drawbacks:

Cost
Dust
Extra collateral damage
Dust
Cost
Risk of injury

Did I mention dust? Don't even think of using a wall-chaser in an occupied house!!!!!

Just get a bolster and lump hammer and get on with it and to hell with your manicure. It's a matter of minutes to manually chop a chase in.

I recently used a chasing bit on an SDS drill, did a fantastic job in seconds with no effort, throughly recommend it :D It's fun too!

Thanks for all the comments and advice. I have now done the job just got to put cables in etc. I didnt mention it before but I am fitting a kitchen in my daughters first house so there was more than one run to be chased in.
I ended up hiring out a wall chaser for £25, boy is that tool good and luckily it had a dust bag with it although it did still make a bit of mess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back