CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE IM STUCK

Sponsored Links
I don't understand the need for plans. The system worked for years before it had a problem. Something has changed - but it won't be the layout.

are you 100 per cent sure the pump is pumping the in the right direction?

joe-90 said:
I don't understand the need for plans. The system worked for years before it had a problem. Something has changed - but it won't be the layout.

Simple answer is it helps to id a problem when none is apparent.

Not only that I like doing drawings :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ok so we not fixed yet but we have heating coming to some of the rads, question i have found the bathroom rad seems to be plumbed wrong on the rad its self ie the feed is at the bottom and the return is at the top could anyone tell me if that would be a problem

NEILAIDKEY wrote

could anyone tell me if that would be a problem

Who knows. :cry:
I dont think your problems with this system are going to be resolved over a plumbing forum to be honest.
I could take a look at it for you if you are 50 miles within Armagh but I would warn you I was a cowboy operator in plumbing for a while so you might want a second opinion anyway. :D

Return needs to be at bottom of rad where the cooler water is, at the top the return is taking away the hotter water :eek:

It will work TBOE plumbed the wrong way round, I know because my lounge rads is like it,:oops: and has been for the last 25 plus years. every year I say I must change it, then it gets cold and cannot be bothered :rolleyes:

thanks john still i will make an effort to change it will take all the rads out again for another wash and start again, once i have done that hows the best way to pump fresh water through the main flow and return and boiler,
have a drain on the return in front room and a drain on the feed near the pump although the drain on the flow near pump is about 16" up the pipe
thanks again for your valuble help

sorry to trouble you again good news is i found one problem the double rad at bottom of stairs is out of action as i took it out side to wash it out it took ages for the water to get through and could hear it bubbling in side no matter how hard i banged it with rubber mallet it did not improve all the others came clean within seconds, when i installed it back on the line closed all the others it got very hot almost to the bottom but again would not come through the return as hot just warm, so i gather that rad has had its day. the other thing i have is all the rads are piping hot upstairs and the one down stairs which was bac to bac with the broken 1, (now switched of) hot water starts to get at the top of the rad, if i switch pump of to bleed that one it goes instant cold a lot of rumbling in the rad and it seems the water back tracks, have checked all rads for water and all seem to be fine any ideas

many thanks for your help and patience

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back