CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE IM STUCK

thanks again next to the pump on return about 2" up after the stop cock is a soldered tee with a soldered block end, on the feed is another tee that bends down to a drain valve is this what you mean the one on the return i have just tapped at it and not made any diff, there is only 2 pipes from coming out the wall from the boiler what are the 28mm flow and return you mentioned is that the lead under the floor

Sponsored Links
Can you post a pic.

Forget the lead if it is lead. won't be anything to do with the heating.

Just a bit of logic, but if the vlave is moterised might it be easier to follow the cable run to tell you where it is without dismantling the house?

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Just a bit of logic, but if the valve is motorised might it be easier to follow the cable run to tell you where it is without dismantling the house?

Hopefully he won't dismantle the house, as the answer should be around the landing/cupboard, should also be easy to spot any traps in the floor

thanks for the tip joe coming from the timer is a load of cables that seem to follow the pipes up stairs there is boxing from the pump to the ceiling befor it goes under the bedroom floor good as any place to start

ok im really sorry about all this but here goes i followed the cables under the floor i took all the floorboards up to follow or so i could see and no motorised valve under bedroom floor i looked at the boxing and no valves
there either, the 2 lead pipes that come up from the boiler on the inside of the stack i mentioned go under the bedroom floor and connect into copper big pipes 28mm i think and disappear into the loft, i checked the wiring to the timer and all is ok yet the pump will still not work on water only it will on ch and water it has never done this before as far as i know i am at a loss but greatful for all your help thanks any more ideas

The pump is not supposed to work on hot water only if you have gravity primaries.

Follow the pipes from the boiler, that's where the answer is.

When they leave the boiler where do they go and why, no guessing please

NEILAIDKEY said:
thanks doitall will follow what you said i will endever to do a plan of the system and post it thanks again

My email is in my profile if you want to send it direct, we can play with it then.

just read bits of this post but sounds like your systems a fully pumped one, not pumped with gravity primaries. also was'nt the injector tee for the baxis

holty said:
just read bits of this post but sounds like your systems a fully pumped one, not pumped with gravity primaries. also was'nt the injector tee for the baxis

Agreed that is what it sounds like holty, however if you read the questions it cannot be so.

Why !!!!!!

If it was fully pumped you would be able to program hot and cold seperately or both heating and hot water would always be on.

It is still possible there is an MV hiding somewhere.

Had the Op got a time clock and not a programmer, one could expect to find a simple control valve which you manually turn off the heating when not required.

thanks all but as i said the only switch is the one on the timer on at a time off a time and a switch on the timer for hot water or ch and hot water

after all the probs im having which is one thing i would like to move some rad pipes while i am drained down so here goes how long can u run 15mm to rad from the 22mm main flow and return are there any set rules as to the lentgh for the 15mm basicly i want to move from the main flow and return about 6ft in 15mm across the bedroom floor and about 8ft drop to rad would that cause me any probs in the future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back