Can I do an LPG Conversion on a Range Cooker myself...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not that it's my preferred option, but if it came to it.

I have a new Leisure Dual-Fuel Range Cooker and ordered the LPG Conversion Kit last Friday, to be told it would be here by Tuesday (i.e. yesterday). When I ordered them, I was given all the spiel about having to have them fitted by a Gas-Safe engineer. Failure to do so would guarantee a fiery death, etc. etc.

Gasman is booked for next week to plumb me in. When he came to look at where I needed my pipes, I mentioned about him doing my injectors at the same time, to which he said they were a piece of cake and I could do them myself, no problem, but he would if I wanted him to.

Now, I just phoned up to see where my injectors are and apparently they are out of stock in the UK and being sent from Turkey. So, just in case they don't get here before he comes to do my work, and to avoid paying him to come out again, can I do them myself if it came to it, or does he speak with forked tongue ?

Sponsored Links
@johnny_t

No you cannot.

On an appliance fuel conversion there is more to it than just changing the injectors. There are numerous tests that should be carried out to ensure safety.

As for your supposed Gas Safe engineer I would be very surprised if that was the advice that he gave you and if he did I would be looking for another guy sharpish as he has no knowledge or any concern for safety. Is that the kind of work that you want in your home?

There are certain tickets that need to be held to carry out this work too. I'm Gas Safe myself and would appreciate the engineers Gas Safe number or name (in a PM) so that he can be checked to see if he holds these relevant qualifications.

This can also be done here http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/ and use the check an engineer function.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back