Can I install an lpg cooker myself?

My superser has the gas bottle inside it!
Also installed my own lpg gas cooker and would be the first to admit Im not competent but hey ho no can stop me. I used 10mm soft drawn copper for the 10m pipe run to the gas bottle and connected inside the house using some rubber hose I had lying around and stuck this over the end of the copper.
Works fine and cost me nothing as the bits were lying around to hand. :rolleyes:
If I were you I would get somebody in to do your cooker properly, you obviously have no idea how dangerous both your installation and more importantly lpg is, its incredibly explosive.... far more than natural gas and has other requirements that you wont know about either.

Sponsored Links
what hose should of been used to go from his bottle outside 5m away.to his cooker. could he of used the orange rubber hose all the way to the cooker or copper if not copper why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back