can i use this light in the bathroom?

Sponsored Links
do the instructions that came in the box give any information on suitablity for use in bathroom zones, or any IP rating? The page you linked to doesn't mention bathrooms.

The location of these lights in relation to the bath or shower is more important than the relatinship to the sink.
How do they measure up?

also, just thinking on a bit....

If the idea of placing the lights adjacent to the mirror is to give good light for shaving/ application of the Mrs.'s make up (or yours, whichever? :) )
then these might not be very good anyway as the will throw the light up and down, but not towards someone stood looking in the mirror (or 'work of art' as i call them)

Sponsored Links
no bath i take it?

If the fitting is >600mm from the extent of the shower, then argueably they can be fitted.

But, if you asked me to install them, i'd refuse as they are just tooooo close for comfort.
Thinks *Comes out of shower*naked*wet*slip on wet floor*grab first thing that comes to hand* -> red hot lump of glass which has a couple of tiny screws holding it up and has 240V within. Not great in my opinion, sorry.

From website you linked to

Number of bulbs: 2

Room Suitability: Lounge, bedroom, dining room

WEEE Requirements: Lighting Equip

As it clearly says it is only suitable for "Lounge, bedroom, dining room" then I'd say it isn't suitable for bathrooms

As has been said, if it's more than 0.6m from the edge of the shower cubicle, then yes, according to the regs, you can install them.

But (as has already been said too!) you really should think long and hard about it. They're not designed for bathrooms (they might not take kindly to the steam and moisture for example), and do you really need 200watts of lighting pointing at your floor and ceiling?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back