Can I Use This Shower Mixer Tap? (Moved from Plumbing and C,

If you look at the link to the instructions , it says there it must be installed to the IEE regs, if you also quote the relevant IEE reg 601-06-01, it will confirm that it does not conform

Thanks alot as well, WooHoo i'm gonna get technical with them :D I'll post back when ive spoke to them, dont know how long it will take them to sort it out as they left me with no hot water for 6 months when i reported my old water heater breaking, if they try to mess me about again i'll get onto citizen advice, Thanks again :D

Sponsored Links
Where does the wire to the heater connect is there also a spur/switch by it above the bath.
If there is that may be more of a hazard than the actual heater.

Where does the wire to the heater connect is there also a spur/switch by it above the bath.
If there is that may be more of a hazard than the actual heater.

Hi, there is no switch of any kind, not sure where the wire connects, the council left me with a hole about as big as a cup where the wire was coming out the wall, so i had to fill it, heres pics of all the connections to the heater

The wire

dscf0014pt2.jpg

The side of the water heater

dscf0015kt9.jpg

Underneath

dscf0016wr4.jpg

That is not good , even though the heater should not be there, I would have thought a spur or switch for isolation should be fitted.
This can not now be fitted due to the fact of the bath.
That butyl flex must somehow join to the fixed wiring , and you may have filled over it.
For the envirement it is in I would get it checked or even ISOLATED until you get written confirmation it is safe.

Sorry but I think the issue with the tap is nothing compared with what you are showing.

It does look like the unit needs relocating and connecting properly.
It may be worth getting it inspected and a written report to send to the council, or the people that installed it.

Alternatively as the council deal with part p ask them to send one of there inspectors at there cost to confirm it is safe.

Sponsored Links
That is not good , even though the heater should not be there, I would have thought a spur or switch for isolation should be fitted.
This can not now be fitted due to the fact of the bath.
That butyl flex must somehow join to the fixed wiring , and you may have filled over it.
For the envirement it is in I would get it checked or even ISOLATED until you get written confirmation it is safe.

Sorry but I think the issue with the tap is nothing compared with what you are showing.

It does look like the unit needs relocating and connecting properly.
It may be worth getting it inspected and a written report to send to the council, or the people that installed it.

Alternatively as the council deal with part p ask them to send one of there inspectors at there cost to confirm it is safe.

Ok, Thanks man, Yeah they can send an inspector definitely at their cost :) thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back