Can one run boxed dual sockets linked together from an extension cable?

I am somewhat amazed that a "set-up" such as this as proposed would be allowed anywhere in the UK. (It would not be allowed in several other countries of which I can think !)
One of the issues (in the UK) is that, although we could, given adequate information, advise the OP about how electricity should be supplied to a domestic outbuilding (primarily in relation to the nature/routing of the supply cable, and maybe the 'earthing arrangements'), there is no control over what householders can (and do) do with multi-outlet plug-in 'extension leads' (which are very widely available and used).

Hence, if someone plugged such an 'extension lead' into a socket somewhere in the house, and used its outlets in an outbuilding, there is, as far as i am aware, no way that could be 'not allowed' (even if 'not advisable') in the UK.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I do have to agree. Unless of course the shed were being equipped with a view to running a lead to it on an adhoc basis only when power is required.
Sure, that would presumably be the only reason for doing it - but it's not something I have ever heard of being done (in the UK) in a domestic setting.

I don't think it's uncommon on construction sites etc., when there are various pre-fabricated ('temporary'/'portable') 'site buildings', but that's a totally different matter.

Kind Regards, John

Sure, that would presumably be the only reason for doing it - but it's not something I have ever heard of being done (in the UK) in a domestic setting.

I don't think it's uncommon on construction sites etc., when there are various pre-fabricated ('temporary'/'portable') 'site buildings', but that's a totally different matter.

Kind Regards, John
For portable buildings such as portakabins and shipping containers an inlet connector is one of the goto methods, in fact almost identical to a caravan arrangement.

I have actually provided this arrangement on a couple of fixed commercial buildings where the customer insisted they would never require both to have power and on top of that the power was the other side of their private branch railway line. Every morning and the same again in the evening, before opening the gate and setting the safe signal they ensured the cable was clear of the track for their twice daily trains. This was a 125A 3phase service so not at all like a caravan supply.

Sponsored Links
Especially when the vast majority of temporary traffic lights are operated on 24 volts from batteries in the base of the head and linked not by cable but by wireless.
Well a lot are linked by a lash up of yellow artic cables as I said. I saw one today near Earls Court.

You don't even live in the UK, but in some foreign country. In fact you don't even know which country you live in...
I live in the UK and have for over 70 years. It is you who don’t know what country you live in. However I know you live in Londonderry UK.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which winston1 is always right.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which winston1 is always right.
At least you spelt your name right this time.

I think you’re missing the point. Winston1 is operating with the same MO as Winston Smith. If enough disinformation is presented and remains unchallenged, eventually people will begin to believe it and it will become accepted. History will be rewritten by untruths.

Take a photograph the next time you see anything that supports any of your postings
To give him credit they do do it round here, not sure if its multicore rather than flex, there yellow and strung up on 20 foot poles cemented into barrels, i quess the idea is they can move them around themselves as the work area changes.
sure theres currently some at old street roundabout in london

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back