Ceiling rose comes on dimly when other lights switched on!

Wouldn't that open the CPD?

No.

If you mix up the black switched live with the INCOMING neutral, you end up with everything downstream of that light being placed in series with the light. When you switch other lights on, that light will glow dimmly.

It will only blow a fuse if you get the OUTGOING neutral muddled.

Follow the current path on this diagram (which I have adapted to make it incorrect!)

1384343121.png

Sponsored Links
I hadn't added anything for a day, and yet here you are telling me to give it a rest. You seem utterly determined to prove that you have a pathetic, childish motive for posting here, but that isn't necessary - we already know that's the case.

But in general, if you want me to "give it a rest", perhaps you could persuade your fellow travellers that groundless criticisms of me, made with the full knowledge that they are groundless (hence the advance refusal to even try to justify them), is where the "give it a rest" needs to begin.

Do keep up BAS. You posted 12/11 11:14 pm.

I was in bed then and did not visit this thread until the next day.

Unlike you, I don't spend most of the day and night on this site. I work for a living. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
And if you ALL keep squabbling like this then the OP is going to be keeping away from the thread.

I would have no problem with the likes of RF and JML not starting any more squabbling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back