central heating boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I Have a vokera compact boiler and there is water leaking out of the water overflow pipe all the time , i can fill a bucket up overnight.
It started to happen when the main water supply in the cellar was turned back on.
can someone tell me what is wrong and what is the cause, an how to fix it.?

Sponsored Links
What is the pressure gauge reading on the boiler? It should be just over 1 bar when rads cold. Is filling loop tuerned off fully? If so sounds like the prv has had it, but this should have no bearing on the mains water being turned off and on. You could try operating the prv several times in succession to see if it is just a bit of grit or the like on the valve seat. If it is doing it once the boiler is on and heated up it could point to another fault.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, could'nt resist that, the prv is the pressure relief valve and is connected to the pipe which goes through the wall to outside. gas4you is assuming that that is the pipe you are talking about as you have a combi. If your installer left your loft tank in to feed your cold taps (should'nt have done) then you may be talking of your overflow from the loft. If that's the case then your ballvalve will probably be full of crap and will need cleaning or replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back