Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could anybody assist me, how difficult would it be to powerflush the central heating system by myself.

Sponsored Links
countless threads on this matey. going by your name. pay someone :LOL: . get a couple of quotes based on ALL DAY not just the morning.

why do you need a powerflush btw?

Got a blockage between the boiler and the hot water tank. Is their another way that you know that would unblock this stretch of piping.

Got a blockage between the boiler and the hot water tank. Is their another way that you know that would unblock this stretch of piping.
cut it out and replace it.

how do you know its blocked?

Sponsored Links
I have managed to remove the pump having emptied the system first, then opened the cold feed which allowed water to flow out, then opened the hot feed, no water came out. I then pushed my finger onto the opening and felt what seemed a lot of grit or silt. I prodded with a screwdriver but it seemes a solid mass in this pipe. I managed to remove a small amount of grit but still not working.

opened the hot feed, no water came out. I then pushed my finger onto the opening and felt what seemed a lot of grit or silt.
Erm, have you disconnected at the boiler, or the cylinder, or somewhere else? :confused:

I prodded with a screwdriver but it seemes a solid mass in this pipe. I managed to remove a small amount of grit but still not working.
A powerflush won't unblock this.

So what your saying is, the only soluition is to cut out the area of pipe and replace it. the only proplem is although I have managed to find this blockage, is it possible their would be other blockages back towards the boiler.

Have you disconnected the boiler connection at the boiler, or the cylinder, or somewhere else?

Oh FFS, I'm sick of seeing that photo and wondering what's hidden in the shadows. We had the same problem on your other topic.

Please, pretty please with sugar on top, could you take a decent photo, and then stick an arrow on it to indicate the connection that you're talking about?

Just in case you can't, and just in case the connection is the gravity return from the cylinder to boiler, and just in case the grit you mentioned is inside the cylinder coil, then you need to disconnect it again and remove the grit without poking a hole in the coil.

Well if that section of pipework is blocked, why don't you just replace it with brand new pipework? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back