Chancellor to abolish timber frame buildings!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is going to happen now that wood will no longer be used in houses? The chancellor stated today that in 10 years time, every new home will be a zero carbon home and we will be the first country in Europe to do this.

So what will be used in place of wood?

Sponsored Links
Made from? It's a bit of a problem, as that often has carbon in it. :cry:

Sponsored Links
His words were "zero carbon" that's why I quoted it. Or was this a blairite "slip of the tongue"? i.e. you can't believe a word these liars say.

big-all said:
are you shure youve got the right end off the stick[or should that be tree :oops: :oops: ]

here it says no stamp duty on carbon neutral houses and tree i beileve are carbon neutral!!!!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6211176.stm[/QUOTE]

When a tree grows it absorbs carbon dioxide to make the hydro-carbon material it is made from.

So grow trees, then use them for houses, lots of carbon locked away in the material of the house.

Bernard Green

25 years in a Walter Segal timber frame house the wife and I built with our own hands......

perhps it was zero carbon immisions?

didnt he also say something about abolishing planning permission ?

His words were "zero carbon" nothing about emissions :rolleyes:

breezer said:
perhps it was zero carbon immisions?

didnt he also say something about abolishing planning permission ?

i think thats what he means as in measures taken to neutralise your carbon as bernardgreen says trees absorb co-2 so maybe that with heat pumps trippple glazing and using renewable energy will get the zero use required

As long as he doesn't put a CO2 tax on fizzy lemonade, fire extinguishers and the gas in beer kegs.....

Ooops he knows now.......

bernardgreen said:
As long as he doesn't put a CO2 tax on fizzy lemonade, fire extinguishers and the gas in beer kegs.....

Ooops he knows now.......

Now you've gone and done it....

Where's the stocks fella's, we have a taker!! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back