Changing a light position.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to move a light to the centre of the room,currently located near the window in a first floor bedroom. The light is wired using single conductors, Sw Live & neutral at the ceiling rose. I want to move the light 500mm by crimp connecting off these wires and plastering over.
As the loft has been converted and boarded over with T&G chipboard (nailed) access is a pain. I also need to extend the lighting circuit by using the neutral mentioned above and then a live conductor from a switch that I can access easily. All connections will be on the same circuit.
Does this sound ok?

Sponsored Links
Sounds ok from your description. Use proper ratchet crimpers and crimps like those below - do not the automotive variety. Also make sure any new cables in the walls are in safe zones and that any extension to the circuit is adequately RCD protected. ;)

DVDHCR15.JPG

CTBUTTSLASHR.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back