Combi, system or regular boiler?

At 25 years old, I would personally forget about repairing your existing boiler. It is well past its best. I would also not bother with using the log/coal fire back boiler.

Whats your HW needs like? This is what matters when deciding on a combi or not, as well as your cold mains flow rate and pressure.

A better value for money boiler would be one of the Broag Avanta Plus range.

Easily works on LPG as the other 2 you have mentioned, better warranty, just as reliable, but a good couple of hundred pounds cheaper.

If the £2600 includes VAT and everything, I don't think it is too far out for changing to a combi.

Sponsored Links
At 25 years old, I would personally forget about repairing your existing boiler. It is well past its best. I would also not bother with using the log/coal fire back boiler.

Whats your HW needs like? This is what matters when deciding on a combi or not, as well as your cold mains flow rate and pressure.

A better value for money boiler would be one of the Broag Avanta Plus range.

Easily works on LPG as the other 2 you have mentioned, better warranty, just as reliable, but a good couple of hundred pounds cheaper.

If the £2600 includes VAT and everything, I don't think it is too far out for changing to a combi.

No I'm not going to fix the old boiler as we had agreed to replace it when it went wrong & not before like the misse's wanted too.

The back boiler I would like to do but increasingly looking like we won't be doing it + the misse's has never wanted to do it either just me. Its still an option in my eyes but like somebody said I need to find the right person which so far I haven't.

That then leaves just a new boiler install.........regular or combi?

I'm trying to work out which will save me the most cash in the long run & also trying to get qoutes on both installs which is easier said than done round these parts.

The qoute for £2600 was including everything & the only other one I had was Calor Force at £3700 :eek: both for a combi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back