Comet Ison

Sponsored Links
I read about that somewhere last week, it sounds like it might be great.
But we've been told before that an incoming comet would be spectacular and it hasn't turned out that way for some reason. So here's hoping this one does.

I read about that somewhere last week, it sounds like it might be great.
But we've been told before that an incoming comet would be spectacular and it hasn't turned out that way for some reason. So here's hoping this one does.

exaclty right, lets hope its not a damp squib

Sponsored Links
There was a good comet in the early nineties, I can't remember what it was called. I remember taking my little girl out to see it when she must have been about 7 or 8.
It was nowhere near as bright as the moon but still awesome to see the tail.

There was a good comet in the early nineties, I can't remember what it was called. I remember taking my little girl out to see it when she must have been about 7 or 8.
Halleys comet ??

Halleys comet ??

Halleys comet ??

Halleys comet ??

No it wasn't Halleys comet, it was one that was just discovered I think.

Hale Bopp.

I was living at 7000ft in the Rocky Mountains when it came through, a small ski town in the middle of nowhere with hardly any visible light pollution at all.

The comet was quite frankly stunning, and I really mean quite amazing. I can fully understand why the ancients got so worked up about them and thought they were harbingers of doom and destruction. The tail covered a third of the sky up there and just forced you to look at it. It was a very very obvious visitor to a night sky that is remarkable in its unchanging nature. It must have been there for months.

If this one is as good as Hale Bopp I'd travel anywhere in the world to get a good look. The view from the UK was pitiful compared to how it looked somewhere with good viewing conditions. If this new one turns out to be as good as predicted you should go somewhere really dark and see it, they are truly magnificent and psychologically quite sinister.

Sponsored Links
Back