Coming to a town near you - SOON

But instinctively, four people (two with pistols) beating a cowering individual - would suggest what?

Two possible captions:

"Four cowardly french terrorists beat a loyal member of the fourth Reich"
or
"Four heroes of the resistance capture cowardly collaborator"
French?
Making assumptions, aren't we?

Oh, hang on... one of them is wearing a beret, so he MUST be French.
Another assumption; on my part now!

Sponsored Links
No assumptions - the photograph is actually of four French resistance members and a collaborator

It's an image from the Getty library I used to try (it would appear unsuccessfully) to make a point that, without context how do you know what you are looking at.

Sponsored Links
From that photo... How do you know the chap was a collaborator? Ahh is it because the title of it says he was? (and if it does,, how do you know that to be true? ) Could be four collaborators and one resistance fighter for all we know. ;);)

Yes. I think Newboy is just making unsubstantiated assumptions to further his own opinions! :p

And the riot was started when the mafia killed 6 illegal immigrants in a drive by shooting in a battle over drugs and prostitution - which side do you want to back?

a) The illegal immigrants
b) The mafia
I repeat my question. What do you mean by "back"?

For example, I might back Labour, but wouldn't put money on them.

There you go again - is the generally accepted meaning of the word "back" used in that context used to mean place a bet?

Do you want to debate issues?
Yes. But we need to know what you mean. I'm not being pedantic, but your choice of syntax is ambiguous.

And I think that you've both just proved the point I was making!
Having just read the thread again, what is the point you're making? Plus, as an aside, is there ever any chance of you apologising for those assertions you made about me?

1. Amazing - you still manage to prattle on with your pretentious analysis. I agree that you're not being pedantic, you are now being obtuse.
2. Context is critical
3. No apology due - you are for an apology because you misread a post
4. Selectively lifting quotes from different posts and placing them together doesn't achieve anything other than to twist the debate and prove you have good editing skills (although when done well it can prove quite amusing)
5. It certainly feels like it

Fascinating that in your earlier posts you strongly reject that you are a member of any group (indeed you are quite indignant at the suggestion) however you are seeking clarification of my position using the third person. So you do regard yourself as a member of the group I suggested. Indeed you regard yourself as a superior member of the tribe and you're now acting on behalf of other group members.

In tribal terms, your group behaviour in GD is level 4 with occasional level 1 posts to validate your position.

Care to discuss tribal behaviour or should we just continue to behave like trolls?

So you admit to being a troll then? That explains everything.

3. No apology due - you are for an apology because you misread a post
No. I ask for apology because you are wrong in your assertions about me, and clearly so.

As for taking quotes from different posts, if it highlights how contradictory you are, then it's part of the debate. How can anyone discuss or debate anything with someone who doesn't even remember what he said last time he posted, and won't ever accept being in error?
you are seeking clarification of my position using the third person
Is your English that weak that you assume that I'm speaking for others on here with the use of the term "we"?
Care to discuss tribal behaviour or should we just continue to behave like trolls?
You can carry on trolling if you like. Personally I'm more interested in discussing/debating things with more intelligent people that you, of which there are numerous more on here.

If you could actually state a coherent position in precise terms, and avoid jumping up and down in your little cot shouting "racist" at anyone who disagrees with you, then we might, just might, actually be able to discuss things rationally you tiresome little twerp

Last edited:
You have a remarkable ability to produce reams of material, with frequent contradictions of your own position, without actually adding new material or progressing any debate.
Nice to see that you are bringing your tribe together again - I had thought for a minute that your patronising twaddle was going over their heads - but your use of stage one statements has reinforced your tribal position.

Personally I'm more interested in discussing/debating things with more intelligent people that you, of which there are numerous more on here.

Brilliant for one who critises others use of English

Try writing Guardian letters - they expect pore grammer and spiling mustakes

Sponsored Links
Back