Completion Certificate for New Gas Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are selling our house and had a new boiler fitted in 2006. Should we have been given a Certificate of Completion or is this only for a Brand New Central Heating System and not a New Boiler. Would be grateful of any help.

Sponsored Links
You should have had a Gas Work Notification from CORGI - A4 sized blue piece of paper.

If you haven't got it, you can pay your solicitor for an indemnity policy (like you would with your windows is they weren't fitted by a FENSA approved company.

This will cover the purchaser against any costs associated with the lack of Building reg compliance.

Cost was around £30 - £40 IIRC.

Try looking for a completed benchmark cert. in the back of the boiler's manual. If it's blank. go back to the installer.

Corgi :?:

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that the op is incapable of remembering who fitted their boiler 5 years ago? :rolleyes:

Thanks. I have got the Benchmark Cert but it has not been completed. Spoken to the Plumber who Installed New Gas Boiler and he is saying we don't need Completion Cert as its only a replacement boiler and not new system but Build Regs online say I need Cert. Don't want to start opening up a can of worms if I phone Local Building Dept.

The plumber is an idiot.

From 1 st April 2005 all CORGI Registered Installers will be required to notify CORGI when they have installed or exchanged a gas appliance in a residential dwelling. CORGI will then issue a Declaration of Safety or Building Regulations Compliance Certificate to the homeowner, which will confirm the work has been carried out by a competent CORGI Registered Installer. It will also confirm that the work carried out meets the requirements of the relevant Gas and/or Building Regulations.

This document will be used to form part of the Home Information Pack (HIP) that will be required for selling houses in England and Wales from January 2007 onwards.

Gas Work Notification is a change to The Rules of the Registration Scheme, and it will become a mandatory activity as part of the Gas Registration Scheme from 1 st April 2005 onwards.

That explanation was taken from a document issued by CORGI at the time.

The only other way to do it was to get building control in to do the inspection; but you would have noticed that I think.

Unfortunately CORGI lost/destroyed/can't be a*sed to check their old records and Gas Safe don't have the historic data.

Just get a Landlord's certificate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back