Completion Certificate for New Gas Boiler

Sponsored Links
Yes it does. I see it all the time.

And like wise I have had to help people in the same boat where the solicitors have insisted upon itl and the only way to complete the sale was to take out an indemnity policy.

If the solicitors accept a Landlords/Home-owners inspection report then they are not doing their job properly.

No house sale is going to be held up while someone chases a certificate that can't be issued as the installer isn't contactable. Therefore a Landlords certificate is issued instead. It's safe - so what more do you want?

Sponsored Links
Is that one of those half hour, 30 quid ones that you get off your mate Joe.

Is that one of those half hour, 30 quid ones that you get off your mate Joe.
Since when has an RGI (even a bent one like joe's alcoholic mate) worked for a paltry £60 per hour :confused:

It is not specifically about safety. It is about building regulation compliance.

And yes, house sales have been held up for the lack of those as well. I did three last week. Two for the same client.

And two failed. Resulting in solicitors letters of undertaking.

In this case however, all were older than the inception point of GWN.

It is not specifically about safety. It is about building regulation compliance.

And yes, house sales have been held up for the lack of those as well. I did three last week. Two for the same client.

And two failed. Resulting in solicitors letters of undertaking.

In this case however, all were older than the inception point of GWN.

So do you think I should just go for the Indemnity and tell the Solicitor I had new gas boiler installed in 2006 but Plumber failed to give me Cert? I have just recently had it serviced and have got the service checklist to give them.

Ultimately, and despite my position in the debate, if the solicitors will accept a service invoice, or safety inspection report, then leave it at that.

Just know that you should really have had one; and if you buy another house or fit a new boiler, then you should have a GWN.

It ensures that the installer was registered and less likely to be a cowboy.

Ultimately, and despite my position in the debate, if the solicitors will accept a service invoice, or safety inspection report, then leave it at that.

Just know that you should really have had one; and if you buy another house or fit a new boiler, then you should have a GWN.

It ensures that the installer was registered and less likely to be a cowboy.

Our new house does need new boiler, don't worry I won't be making this mistake again it will be my first question to them when they come out to do the quote!

The gypos are into gas fitting big time round your way. They'll tell you it'll be in the post but won't ever arrive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back