Concealed Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me, or is anyone else puzzled by the tick box item on the BS7671 standard form Schedule of Inspections, under 'Cables and Conductors', called 'Additional protection provided by 30mA RCD for cables in concealed walls.' :confused:

Sponsored Links
Aye - doesn't everyone have hidden walls in their house? :LOL:

I usually find mine in the dark or when I'm drunk

Sponsored Links
Is it just me, or is anyone else puzzled by the tick box item on the BS7671 standard form Schedule of Inspections, under 'Cables and Conductors', called 'Additional protection provided by 30mA RCD for cables in concealed walls.' :confused:
I think you've got too much time on your hands...

I think you've got too much time on your hands...
Funny you should say that. I fell off a ladder (working in new extension) last monday evening. X-rays and CT scan on neck and back, finally found no damage that they couldn't put down to age. So I've been doing very little for the past week, and thought I'd start filling in the EIC for the extension. Hence the observation.

I was trying to got through the SofI conscientiously deciding if I could stand behind each tick or N/A and came to the conclusion that with the two words swapped over ('in' and 'concealed') it raised an interesting legal question. That form has been copied without correction into OSG and GN3 and the pdf on the IET website.

Oh well, time for another round of painkillers.

By the way, be careful on ladders! :(

Oh I am - I fell off one once. It was from a relatively low height, but even so I was lucky not to be seriously injured.

I fell off a ladder once:

I was climbing a tall stepladder carrying a mod on my shoulder. A rung gave way, and me and the mod tumbled to the floor: I dislocated my shoulder... :cry:

I've seen concealed walls on that "I've own britains best house" or whatever it was called..

it was a slot in a wall between the kitchen and dining area in an open plan house..
you pulled out the hidden wall sections on a track to partition off the kitchen when you had guests round...

don't think they had any sockets on them though..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back