confused on which boiler to choose

Sponsored Links
Well, it will obviously be lower.

One thing that makes me wonder. You come across as if you should be considered the ultimate heating engineer, yet I can not recall a single time when you actually came up with a precise ( and correct ) answer that could not be googled.

Are you actually a RGI?

If you can not tell me what the return temp should be, maybe you can explain to me why the flow has to be below 53.
I have always been told on manufacturers' courses that the flow temp does not make the slightest bit of difference. Are they wrong?

More a matter of explaining why he nver knows the answer.
I noticed that despite your "name" you dont appear to be one either.

Sponsored Links
. The FLOW temperature needs to be below 53C for full condensation to occur, and properly set up weather comp will achieve this for about 95% of the heating season

What you have to consider here is the minimum flow temperature must be set somewhat higher than the design room temperature (21k) , failing this mean radiator temperature will be too low at part load conditions & room temp WILL fall.

I have no argument with you so why the dig?

I asked you what is the relavance between weather compensation & being a gas registered installer?.

Have you mentioned radiator convection currents yet? And the way they render the output non-linear with temperature difference?

Have you mentioned radiator convection currents yet? And the way they render the output non-linear with temperature difference?

Do you mean 'radiation heat output rate? , not to be confused with 'radiator convection currents' , it is important when estimating radiation heat output that the correct area is used , taking a double panel emitter for example only the front surface will 'see' the room.

I have no argument with you so why the dig?

I asked you what is the relavance between weather compensation & being a gas registered installer?.
A RGI is expected to know about wc, you obviously don't.
Apart from that, I distrust people that insinuate to be something they are not.

A RGI is expected to know about wc, you obviously don't.
Apart from that, I distrust people that insinuate to be something they are not.

Which gas assesment covers WC? er..none?

Whether you distrust me or not i won't loose any sleep over it , it seems one has to be a member of the CC in order to be gas registered , how sad.

Just for clarity , room temperature values of around 20k are recomended by CIBSE , why are you different? , maybe you design your systems for occupants of UFOs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back