Connecting bidet spray to mains pressure

Sponsored Links
You could just install a pressure reducing valve in line of the supply before the shower these are inexpensive probably £10-£20 ish most are adjustable so just set at a low pressure then increase till you have the optimum flow rate at the handset, try screwfix would think they would stock them

Sponsored Links
Exactly, why would I want your missus' f***y batter and your essence of dangleberry in my drinking water?

There is a reason why Bidet water is category 5 and hence not permitted to be supplied by the mains water supply.

Fricking disgusting.

Ian, these aren't even allowed with RPZ devices.

Care to expand on that comment?

He's on about all that poo that'll be getting in to your drinking water supply :(

Ah, I see. So this sort of device is not covered by any sort of British or European standard then? I'd be interested in the mechanics of how fecal matter could enter the drinking water supply by this route. Is it actually against any regulations to fit one?

Yes it contravenes the water regs. Have a Google for Fluid Categories and you'll find Bidets of this sort under category 5.

The obvious method of transmission is where by the water supply is shut off and a negative pressure can develop in the pipe drawing nasties back in.

Bacteria and other nasties can also grow and move around in all sorts of environments. Not good to have those connected to the mains supply without an air gap.

OK thanks.

Is there a "correct" way of fitting one of these or should I just forget it?

DC Pipe Interrupters are intended for open outlet applications (e.g. urinal flushing) and must not be used for washing machines, upstream of hose union taps or any appliance that has a control valve or restriction. Negligible restriction should exist downstream - otherwise water would discharge ultimately through the vent hole.

Not going to work bud.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back