Connecting the Outlet pipe to the gas meter

Thanks but I still don't understand what this means in terms of my previous post.

]
I suspect it will depend upon the reason for the "safety" move. If,for example, there has been a porch or extension built over the service, then this is a safety issued caused by the householder, his agents or a previous occupant. Therefore not the fault of NG.

112 would be the one to point out the best method of getting a freebie. The success in this type of thing is often in not what you say, but to whom and how.

What is 112 please?

I am not getting very far with this.
The network will do the installation without charge but only do the work as far as the Outlet Pipe and leaving it capped.
They have written to say that the no charge safety reasons are that for long ago historical reasons there is no facility to turn off the gas supply at the meter in an emergency and the meter is on someone else's property some 150 metres away from the house.
Thanks for help.
JamesEB

Sponsored Links
Sorry what has this to do with my question please?
What is 112 please?

The network will do the installation without charge but only do the work as far as the Outlet Pipe and leaving it capped.
They have written to say that the no charge safety reasons are that for long ago historical reasons there is no facility to turn off the gas supply at the meter in an emergency and the meter is on someone else's property some 150 metres away from the house.
Thanks for help.
JamesEB

And I didn't under the 112 connection

JamesEB

Sponsored Links
Would @gas112 answer me please

I suspect it will depend upon the reason for the "safety" move. If,for example, there has been a porch or extension built over the service, then this is a safety issued caused by the householder, his agents or a previous occupant. Therefore not the fault of NG.

112 would be the one to point out the best method of getting a freebie. The success in this type of thing is often in not what you say, but to whom and how.

Thanks for help.
JamesEB

answer you regards what ? you have said they have told you they have different charging methods to national grid

Sorry mate but you're just gonna have to bite the bullet and do as they say,at times like this
you'll realise how good or bad the major utilities really are best of luck.Bob

answer you regards what ? you have said they have told you they have different charging methods to national grid

They didn't say exactly that. They said a possible reason is that they have different policies but wouldn't/ shouldn't the countrywide policy for moving the meter for safety reasons be the same. Is it? How do I find out? There has been a mass of confusion and everyone tells me something different and it’s not clear even if they do have different policies.

They are not actually saying they won’t charge for it, just that they won’t do it.

I am going to go back to them but I am trying to be sure of what I say.

answer you regards what ?

An answer to this please

Thanks for help
JamesEB

Still same answer, i can only say that NG would do it not charge if they were doing it for safety reasons that was not down to the present customer and the customer had not requested iT
you could phone ofgem and ask them what should be done and what should be charged by your area

Still same answer, i can only say that NG would do it not charge if they were doing it for safety reasons that was not down to the present customer and the customer had not requested iT
you could phone ofgem and ask them what should be done and what should be charged by your area

They say that the safety reasons are no facility to turn off the gas supply at the meter in an emergency and the meter is on someone else's property some 150 metres away from my house.

i know i have read what you have put several times now .....try digesting what i have said ffs

Thank you. The question really is would National Grid charge for this?

Thanks for help
JamesEB

Could someone please come and wipe the blood from my forehead please as i seem to be banging it against a brick wall .
Are you by any chance a manager of some sort ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back