Consumer Unit - Identity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents

Can anyone please identify the make of the 22 way CU in the picture. I need to get a replacement front cover. If so do you know of a stockist in the London area.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, Hager. Looks like a VC120 or VH120
I doubt that you'd be able to buy just the door though.

PS What's that Time Delayed RCD doing in that position?

If all you want a replacement front cover for is because it is missing a fixing, ring Hager Technical up and ask them to kindly post you one.

PS. The hinged lid will not fit properly because the dorks who installed it have used Mk I blanks on the Mk II board. These distort the front cover and stop the hinged cover from clicking into place.

You need the ones that fit onto the busbar (like MK) not the snap-in ones.

TTC: looking at the date on the sticker, it is unlikely to be a dual split board.

If it is, then maybe it is just the sticker that says TD, not the RCD itself.

If not, it could be a 16th TT setup with the TD sticker on the wrong side. If this were the case, why the 100A disconnector, though?

TTC: looking at the date on the sticker, it is unlikely to be a dual split board.

If not, it could be a 16th TT setup with the TD sticker on the wrong side. If this were the case, why the 100A disconnector, though?

Indeed, I'd like to see a photo of the inside plus a pic of the incomer. I can't see if either of those RCDs are S types.

I wonder if the NICEIC inspection was also the install date (2007). Can't believe that Wimpey was installing to 17th edition way back then.//

If all you want a replacement front cover for is because it is missing a fixing, ring Hager Technical up and ask them to kindly post you one.

PS. The hinged lid will not fit properly because the dorks who installed it have used Mk I blanks on the Mk II board. These distort the front cover and stop the hinged cover from clicking into place.

You need the ones that fit onto the busbar (like MK) not the snap-in ones.

Thanks for this will contact Hager today. And yes he was a 'Dork' cos he used the wrong blanks and the front is indeed distorted with the right hand securing screw missing. The earthing is PME not TT and once again the same dork must have run out of RCD stickers and put a 'Time delayed' sticker instead.

Both RCDs are the same 30mA rated at 80A model CD280U don't think these are 'Time Delayed'. Good anaylicat work from a relatively poor quality picture....Thanks again.

CD280U is two pole AC type 30ma 80A RCD G type. If you have two of these, it is likely to be a dual split board, but this does not tally with the date on the sticker.

Can you take a piccy of the inside?

Could it be that the sticker actually says 6/2/09, with a badly written nine?

CD280U is two pole AC type 30ma 80A RCD G type. If you have two of these, it is likely to be a dual split board, but this does not tally with the date on the sticker.

Can you take a piccy of the inside?

I dont see why everyone is getting hot under the collar about the date. The 17th edition came into effect on 1st July 2008 but split board arrangements, including dual RCD were around before then, and inspection of domestic premises every 10 years is the norm.

Will get my camera out at the weekend for the 'inside pics' for the voyuers amongst us.

Split boards were very common.

Dual boards were not.

You know what I meant....
You obviously don't know what I meant.

Split board - switch (or 100mA Type-S) incomer, with 1 RCD downstream of that. Very common before the 17th.

Dual board - switch incomer, two completely separate sections each with an RCD, neither RCD downstream of the other. Not very common before the 17th.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back