Consumer Unit Relocation Project

Possibly IP4X (top of isolator enclosure). It looks to be an open grommet but without a top view I couldn't say for sure.

Did you apply a grouping factor (Cg) for the bunched cables.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the replies,

The connections are made in the box via a bank of DIN rail terminals.

The isolator does have an open grommet at the top but with the two tails and earth in each, you could not get anything else inside.

I did take into account the grouping factors when i calculated cable size.

Can anyone comment on the test results? are they what i should expect?

Cheers, Adam

That enemy of the DIY'er Fing Rinal did comment, but refuses to state here anything which may help you, preferring to play silly bu88ers with us professionals here.

Sponsored Links
The wire exiting the bottom of your enclosure which has a quite tight bend, does it go through metal as it leaves the cupboard?

The isolator does have an open grommet at the top but with the two tails and earth in each, you could not get anything else inside.

Even a 1mm diameter test wire?

well yes, i meant you couldnt get a finger into the enclosure and their is no chance of any water getting in.

The wire exiting the bottom of your enclosure which has a quite tight bend, does it go through metal as it leaves the cupboard?

It goes through the plasterboard then drops down to join the downstairs ring

well yes, i meant you couldnt get a finger into the enclosure and their is no chance of any water getting in.

So you can get a 1mm piece of wire in there, for example, a cut off of bare CPC from a twin and earth cable?

well yeah i suppose you could (if you were daft enough!)

But surely you could also force a piece of stiff wire into a normal plug socket.

Can you get closed grommets that size? the grommets i used were the ones that they provided when i picked up the isolator.

Is it a major issue, i.e. do i need to change them asap?

It doesn't meet IP4X then which is the minimum IP rating for the top of an enclosure.

As it stands you would need to put a X in the box 'Selection of equipment and protective measures appropriate to external influences' on your schedule of items inspected but we all know you can't do that on an EIC!

Fill the gap with silicone :)

The RCD time, is that 8.7 milliseconds?

And the circuit labelled Vaults, is the Phase and CPC conductore both 6mm?

:) cheers, yeah that wa going to be my next question! Am i right with the 6mm swa having a cpc csa of 6mm (even tho i have used 3core and also used the armoring in the gland or will the csa be higher)?

In a 3c 6mm the SWA armour will have an overall greater CSA than that of the conductors, however it is a different material and has different properties hence you need to take this into condsideration. The fact you have used a spare core for a CPC means that it will be large enough to comply with table 54G.
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:swa-earthing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back