Copper price fallen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just checked the commodity price of copper... The price of copper has halved in the last six weeks.

As the merchants are always quick to pass on price rises to those of us buying pipe and cable, I was wondering if anyone has found the price of copper pipe and cable decreasing in the last month or so?

Sponsored Links
Last time there was a drastic drop in scrap prices I mentioned this to my supplier. They reckoned we could not see the price of tube dropping for months.

Funny enough when scrap price went up so did the tube price, never drops quickly though.

It's a ploy by the industry, they know that all you plumbers save up your scrap and cash it in for christmas. They'll give you pennies for it, but watch it rise again in the new year :LOL:

Sponsored Links
its not just copper thats droped in price,my father in law works in a scrap yard,ally/stainless and scrap cars have all dropped in price in the last few weeks.

lead prices have dropped like a lead baloon..best was in feb £1200 a ton
6 weeks a go £840 now £400 might be a while before it goes up as the demand in china has dropped.... :cry:

with luck that will put a stop to people stealing drain covers and lead roofs

Easy money used to be the attraction.

Are we talking about the sort of people who are willing to work twice as hard for less money?

True, but then you do have a different class of person on the scrapheap (in both senses) these days - think Lehman Bros employees, for starters ;)

So, when d'ya reckon I should buy the wire and pipes for my rewire/replumb? Is it low now or are the price falls still coming? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back