Corporal Punishment

C

cantaloup63

In any context you wish to consider. What are your feelings on the matter?

Sponsored Links
It's a corollary to the discussion. I'm specifically thinking of punishment metered out by selected "named" people, and not on an ad hoc basis. Thus the train situation isn't applicable :)

Sponsored Links
Like school teachers?
Or Policemen?
When I were a t'lad, the headmaster, his deputy or one of the two discipline masters had the authority to use corporal punishment. Thus it was a formal thing.

Like school teachers?
Or Policemen?
When I were a t'lad, the headmaster, his deputy or one of the two discipline masters had the authority to use corporal punishment. Thus it was a formal thing.

My head of year was allowed a clout, the Latin professor just threw the blackboard eraser at you or took the bible out of your desk and hit you with it.
The head could give you "the 6", tried it on me once. As he swished I stood up and told him to FO. Got grief but no way was I being caned.

I went to a tough all boys school. We used to get the cane, strap, slipper, rubber hose, smack around the head on a regular basis. If you swore at a teacher you got what was called a 'public flogging' - six of the best in front of the whole assembly. Only ever saw one once in my time there.

Funny thing is, we had no kids with ADD or hyperactivity or whatever excuses they have today. A few strokes with the cane always seemed to cure that.

I went to a tough all boys school. We used to get the cane, strap, slipper, rubber hose, smack around the head on a regular basis. If you swore at a teacher you got what was called a 'public flogging' - six of the best in front of the whole assembly. Only ever saw one once in my time there.

Funny thing is, we had no kids with ADD or hyperactivity or whatever excuses they have today. A few strokes with the cane always seemed to cure that.

I would not say that you are a good advert for it though!

Sponsored Links
Back