Corporal Punishment

Sponsored Links
So where as it gone wrong,is it because of one policy whereby corporal punishment is banned and that's it or a whole host of them.

There is no discipline in society. You can beat people up and get away with it. Zero tolerance and tough sentencing will put the line in the sand back. Until that time you are heading toward anarchy.

It's nothing to do with violence. What it is, is a 'line in the sand' that you learn not to cross. You take that with you into adult life - whereby the law of the land becomes that 'line in the sand'. Kids today don't know how far they can push things as they endlessly get away with it - so keep on pushing. Eventually they are kicked out of education into a life of crime and benefits.

Put that line back - and society won't regret it.
I'm not totally disagreeing with you Joe, indeed we tend to agree on quite a lot of things, however, that point of view is aimed squarely at kids who couldn't give a chuff. I've NEVER hit my lad but I can tell you I'm proud to say he knows right from wrong, he's never in trouble at school (well, he might get told off for talking in assembly or such like), academically he's a high achiever (gets that from his mother), I could go on but I won't bore you all. Basically he's a good lad. WE'VE made him into that 'good lad'. It's about parents, nothing more. We ALL know the kids at school who were complete *rseholes. They didn't change because they were caned, had the strap, slipper, etc etc. They went on and on. The assaults from the teachers meant NOTHING to those kids. They were probably getting kicked to hell at home every night anyway. We have to face up to the fact that there are good decent people in the word who bring up their children the same way and then there are the others who couldn't give a chuff and so their kids grow up the same way. Yes there are examples of kids who've grown up in abusive households who have come good but they're few and far between.

The world isn't any different than it was 20, 30, 40 years ago. NOTHING has changed as far as kids are concerned (apart from how tall the bugg*ers are now!). There were kids back when we were kids who were out of control (there were plenty of them expelled from schools back then), and the same is true today. How they've been dealt with by the authorities has changed but it hasn't really made a difference. The common denominator in all of that time has and still is, the parents.

Sponsored Links
I disagree. Everything has changed. My Grandparents fought in WW1 and struggled through the depression of the thirties. My parents fought in WW2 and struggled in the 50s. What they brought to the family was army discipline.
They made it quite clear where the line in the sand was - and so did the teachers of the day. What went wrong was the benefit society, of popping out chav kids to different fathers to get on the property ladder. Let's put it in a nutshell shall we? "Pigs breed pigs". Chav parents popping out chav kids to ride on the benefit gravy train.

You reap what you sow - and we are sowing bad seeds.

We need another war.

I disagree. Everything has changed. My Grandparents fought in WW1 and struggled through the depression of the thirties. My parents fought in WW2 and struggled in the 50s. What they brought to the family was army discipline.
They made it quite clear where the line in the sand was - and so did the teachers of the day. What went wrong was the benefit society, of popping out chav kids to different fathers to get on the property ladder. Let's put it in a nutshell shall we? "Pigs breed pigs". Chav parents popping out chav kids to ride on the benefit gravy train.

You reap what you sow - and we are sowing bad seeds.

We need another war.
That's what I've said... it's ALL about the 'PARENTS'.

As for what your parents did or didn't do, I don't believe that has ANY factor in this. My dad was part of the Special Air Service during WWII but he didn't run the house like a Special Services Barracks! He was quite a quite guy actually. Don't get me wrong, he loved a great debate but he didn't have to say he was disappointed in you if you'd done something wrong, we knew. Interestingly, we never saw that much of him as he worked 7 days a week. He never raised a hand to any of us but we knew who was boss! I knew people who came from households that were on benefits, they were still very good kids because their parents were good people. Just because you're out of work, sick etc 'claiming benefits', doesn't make you a bad person and/or a bad parent Joe. The benefits system is abused but name a system that isn't. As I stated above, there have always been kids who are out of control, NOTHING has changed other than the adult bullies have have their 'physical' abuse tools removed, that doesn't stop the mental assaults though.

You are separating the parents from the children in your argument. Children become parents. So according to your logic good parents begat bad children. You tell us why that is then. :confused:

What they brought to the family was army discipline.
My late eldest brother was in the army for nine years he was one of the biggest thieving barstewards you would ever meet so it doesn't always turn out good.

It wasn't a serious comment. Send the kids to boot camp.

Not back tracking. I thought people would realise it was a throw away remark. Apparently not. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back