Council Tax - Get Ready For A Rant

For example:

View attachment 99784

This example is a report for a single account, where the household bills are paid from.

Once transactions have been paid (or received) they disappear from "forthcoming." But if not paid, and past due date, they show in red as "overdue"

There is a simpler view which shows all scheduled transactions for all accounts, which I keep sorted in date order, and it is my home page, so whenever I open the package it shows me what's expected, and anything past due date.

I presume other packages can do the same.

I bet you're a laugh at parties John.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, pip. I tried that, but you have to be sent logon details through the post before you can access the account on line.

I shall have to wait till tomorrow morning then speak to them on the blower.

Sponsored Links
I know people that haven't paid CT for years and get away with it.
I bet you and Swampy get along just fine. Are you that same bloke who refuses to buy home insurance? Classic.

I'm perfectly happy for you to think what you like. My self esteem isn't tied to my ability as a tax payer :mrgreen: Love those people that treat paying off a mortgage as some kind of milestone achievement in life, what a bunch of sad ****as.

My self esteem isn't tied to my ability as a tax payer
Having low expectations is not a bad thing and there are shelters for people like you. Keep your chin up bud, the next thing to fall into your tin cup may be your fortune.

Cheers, pip. I tried that, but you have to be sent logon details through the post before you can access the account on line.

Are you sure ? Has it changed since last you peeked ?
The form looks pretty comprehensive.

-0-

Are you sure ? Has it changed since last you peeked ?
The form looks pretty comprehensive.

-0-

Yeah, I've registered and got the following message:

Thank you for registering to use My Stockport Account. Your request is now being processed and you will receive your user name via e-mail in the next 7 days and your password will then follow separately by mail.

Are there any rules or laws governing how long you are given to pay up before a summons is requested?

My "7 days" ended up being 1 because of late delivery and the weekend and BH.

Shouldn't it be "7 working days"?

You won't get a summons for one payment being late (after all the prompt payments).

It's probably just a computer generated letter which no one actually will know about until the computer flags up still not paid after a while (likely after the next month due because until then you will still only owe one payment).
If still not paid after that you will be informed that your allowance to pay monthly has been withdrawn and you must pay the whole year now (then).
If you then continue to pay monthly manually, there isn't really much they can do about it.

I once forgot to pay a Water bill, and got a notice that they were applying to the court.

I went along on the morning and the water board's official was standing around prior to the hearing collecting payments from people like me who'd forgotten to pay.

I believe it's not really a hearing, they just submit a list of a thousand customers and apart from anyone who turns up to argue, it goes through on the nod.

They have to give you notice of the place and date of the hearing so if you get insufficient notice presumably that would be grounds to challenge it.

If it was me I would drop them a cheque for month's instalment with a letter complaining that they had failed to collect the DD.

Cheers fellas.

I have found from Gov.uk, "Your council will send you a reminder notice giving you 7 days to pay"... no mention of working days.

EFLI: The Council confirmed they would have asked the Court to issue a summons to me...

John: I have rung them today and set up a new DD, even though the old one is still live and the Council set it up but never took a payment, despite stating on their website:

“Once your Direct Debit is set up there is no need to adjust/cancel your instruction. We will always inform you in advance of any change to your payments and your Direct Debit will automatically continue when your new annual bill is issued.”

They have even written the thing they failed to ensure in bold!!

Sponsored Links
Back