Coverting a barn into a nursery

Katymac
I have said ,

I hope you get planning sorted .......

Take care an 3 quote....

best ....take care ...:)

Sponsored Links
Whoopee the planning man has been in touch

He can't see any reason why a planning application should be refused!!!!!! :eek:

He will be in contact with Highways to visit the site - but he says as there is an existing entrance - there is a good possibility that the entrance won't be a problem

GREAT NEWS

Thanks for asking

Highways are being a pain

But the waterboard did good.....I can piggyback on next doors water (we have to do a very complicated thing with the sewage, as all our waste water will be returned to the ground with soak aways and transported away via a cesspit :rolleyes: )

A planning consultant is coming on board at the end of the month so hopefully things will move a bit faster then

My bank said no to the finance...then they read my business plan & changed their mind :D - but by that time I had approached 3 other banks & they all want to lend me money too.....so I have a bit of deciding to do!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
cesspit an kids ... I seen this knightmare in a family ...

an odd toy down the drain an stuck on the cesspit fall /STOP

an you are having loads of kids /everything goes down ...YIKES

are you off mains sewer ?
if yes ...

I cannot understand if you not main sewer you got planning...an why persue it ...?????

Well the nearest main drain is about 100-150m away it seems an awfully big trench........we are discussing the toy in the toilet scenario :oops: ;) .....we will see what the different companies offer

Katymac
have a sewer laid 6" too main sewer , then an inspection chamber near prop an 4 " back too property an toilets ...
builder should of mentioned /highlighted probs ???!!!!!
get drain blokes to advice ...my bud in Manc was snuck under with calls from child care /flushing an at £65 a time ...
with an inspection chamber , you can put filters down (some ones got to lift an inspect an clear wash , when toy goes down ... but easier an cheaper than blocked main drain an toilets backing up an business shut )

just trying to help ..;)

Katymac said:
Well the nearest main drain is about 100-150m away it seems an awfully big trench........we are discussing the toy in the toilet scenario :oops: ;) .....we will see what the different companies offer

When we built out house 25 years ago we had a choice of a difficult gravity run to a low level main sewer ( it had to go under a stream ) or installing a small domestic pumped system to another main sewer 3 metres higher and 55 metres away.

The pumped system delivers via a 2 inch diameter pipe and has given us no troubles ( other than the time the stream flooded the site and the pump motors ).

Disposable nappies had to be kept out of the system which would be a problem maybe for your project.

Bernard Green
Sharnbrook

I think I am out of my depth a bit.....I'll get an man to look at it all

I guess as we can piggyback on the water maybe we can piggyback on the drains too

Very slowly

A Traffic engineer has had a look & will chat to the highways man.....but isn't promising anything

I'm going to see a straw burner in the new year

& I have a grant application to fill in by the end of Jan (not going to happen)

Oh & the BBC might be interested in doing a documentary.....but I'm not sure yet if I want to

Thanks for asking :confused: It's all a bit much before Christmas

Katymac
All the very best , my love ..
keep at it ...:)
merry xmas an get that job done successfully in the new year ...;)
moz

Quite well at the moment (however the last 10 weeks have been eventful)

Amazon Nails are going to give me a price for cladding the barn in strawbales

The loan money is arriving

The planning officer is being a pia

But it is moving forward at a snails pace

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back