Cyclist killed - natural selection at work

I find myself increasingly drawn to the idea of a registration number and fines for cyclists. Perhaps they could be banned too.

You know, this mindset is why I increasingly find myself wanting to leave the UK.

Everybody wants to control and register and tax everything, as if it will make life any better.

So I jump a red light when there is no traffic, is anyone hurt, no. But the drivers behind me get all "hurmpff bloody cyclists"

Does the light being green mean it's safe, no, it's just a light. It's nothing but envy and the small mindedness of the occasional car driver watching me tootle off, whilst they sit there waiting for a red light.

Course some cyclists jump through red lights when they shouldn't, so what, you are all just being small minded little bureaucrats thinking a bit of paper will somehow stop people being ****s.

I mean, I linked above to how many thousands of people are hurt and killed in car accidents, yet you still persist in your silly belief that tax/regulating/licensing cycling will make the damnedest difference.

Well, maybe it will, maybe you'll just regulate cycling to death. The joe-90s of this world will probably cheer.

Then next week they will be grumbling about some government restriction on their life.

People in this country just can't seem to let others alone, everything they don't like should have "something done about it" by the government.

What a miserable killjoy country this place will be if people such as yourselves keep getting your way.

Sponsored Links
I ride a motor bike and I have to pay tax & insurance but carnt skip red lights , Ride side by side oblivious with headphones on or have the choice of a helmet or not to have one but then I am allowed to filter traffic and have the right not look like a complete kn0b in lycra and I also have enough brains not to try and ride up on the inside of a vehicle turning left :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Course some cyclists jump through red lights when they shouldn't, so what, you are all just being small minded little bureaucrats thinking a bit of paper will somehow stop people being t**t.
yep, an obvious troll.

Upon reading this thread with interest, I do find it a shame that a gentleman just doing his job has inadvertantly killed someone. I suspect he is going through shock / trauma all because the cyclist could not spare 20 or 30 seconds of his life. He will live with that for the rest of his life I suspect.

The cyclist would probably have had 40-50 years of life still in him if he had just waited. I mean, was his time that precious?

Sponsored Links
I know it's a cringe-worthy saying but it's true all the same:

Better 10 minutes late in this life than 50 years early for the next.

I find myself increasingly drawn to the idea of a registration number and fines for cyclists. Perhaps they could be banned too.

You know, this mindset is why I increasingly find myself wanting to leave the UK.

Everybody wants to control and register and tax everything, as if it will make life any better.

So I jump a red light when there is no traffic, is anyone hurt, no. But the drivers behind me get all "hurmpff bloody cyclists"

Does the light being green mean it's safe, no, it's just a light. It's nothing but envy and the small mindedness of the occasional car driver watching me tootle off, whilst they sit there waiting for a red light.

Course some cyclists jump through red lights when they shouldn't, so what, you are all just being small minded little bureaucrats thinking a bit of paper will somehow stop people being t**t.

I mean, I linked above to how many thousands of people are hurt and killed in car accidents, yet you still persist in your silly belief that tax/regulating/licensing cycling will make the damnedest difference.

Well, maybe it will, maybe you'll just regulate cycling to death. The joe-90s of this world will probably cheer.

Then next week they will be grumbling about some government restriction on their life.

People in this country just can't seem to let others alone, everything they don't like should have "something done about it" by the government.

What a miserable killjoy country this place will be if people such as yourselves keep getting your way.

It's up to you what you do on the road; jump the lights, crossings, ride on the pavements, stick your finger up at drivers - totally up to you mate. But don't complain when you get squashed by a bus.

You aren't very good at the trolling game are you Aaron? :confused:

Walk around London a fair bit and the most danger I face is from cyclists. Reckless with their own lives and those around them.

Time to bring in compulsory training and licences for bikes. How can you ride safely if you don't know the rules of the road?

9/10 troll.

We know the rules, some of use choose to ignore them, sometimes safely, sometimes stupidly. Next you will claim there are no bad drivers, because they all have licenses right?

I suppose next you will be arguing cycles should have number plates and tax discs :LOL:

Meanwhile I will continue to cycle on the road, jump past you at red lights, and generally get up your nose. :mrgreen:

P.S a tip to other cyclists, remember to keep your keys handy, so that you can key any motorists car that does something stupid, serves them right.

With an attitude like that you thoroughly deserve to be in a body bag. Idiot.

Any large vehicle be it bus or an hvg as it turns a corner or a roundabout
the centre section of the vehicles overall length impinges on the corner or the roundabout that's a fact.

Many a time Ive held back on a roundabout if I cant get in front of a large vehicle because i know there wont be enough room for both of us.

Two of the witnesses in this unfortunate incident have different views one says the cyclist was going straight on the other that he too was turning left.

If I get the old bike out again it'll be the path for me.... the roads are just too dangerous, too many incompetent idiots driving.

It's up to you what you do on the road; jump the lights, crossings, ride on the pavements, stick your finger up at drivers - totally up to you mate. But don't complain when you get squashed by a bus.

If I get squashed by a bus it will be his fault.

I don't take risks with bus'es as the cyclist in the OP did, I am just not nieve/stuck up/moronic enough to believe some magic bit of paper will stop such behaviour.

As if common sense, courtesy, and patience can be taught in a few lessons, licensed or taxed into existence.

Typical car driver said:
With an attitude like that you thoroughly deserve to be in a body bag. Idiot.

Indeed.

Cyclists are a selfish bunch of people the rest of us have to put up with.

Selfish inconsiderate b*stards. They simply don't care .

Gee you make me laugh!

You see, you simply can't expect anyone to take you seriously when you say something like that - no way!

That's like saying all drivers of certain brands of car are idiots. Or all MP's are useless.

You may like to think they are, but they're not. You just cannot tar everyone with the same tired, worn-out, cynical brush.

Sponsored Links
Back