Cyclist killed - natural selection at work

Sponsored Links
Not a red herring. My point is that road users of all kinds (including bad-tempered, impatient ones like you ;)) have a right to be there and they must share the road.

There are good cyclists and impatient ones. There are good drivers and impatient ones.

You'll be telling me you're a Cat owner next.;)

Anything to upset you...;)

1230120700.jpg

You're also forgetting that cyclists were on the road well before motorised transport ever was.

Cans of beans were on the shelf well before Ravioli. A red herring, Nothing to do with it.

Answer me this.
If I felt the sudden irresponsible urge to take to the highway on a skateboard, id be arrested and rightly so. Why not cyclists?????

Where's the definitive point of law that separates the two.
There isn't one.

You'll be telling me you're a Cat owner next. ;)

Errrrrrr Since when has it been an offence to use a skateboard on the highway? You would not be arrested, well unless you deliberately obstructed the highway, or went onto a restricted road, motorway, duel carriageway and the like.

You can use anything as a conveyance on the highway, even your legs.

And did you know you can even ride a horse or donkey on the highway? And if you really wanted to you could walk your farm animals, cows, sheep and geese down the road.

Get a life and tolerate all road users.

Road bowls takes place on a road near me. An Irish tradition.
I avoid it at all costs when they are out.

Sponsored Links
Why not cyclists?????

Well, could be because they are a form of transport, brakes, lights = roadworthy, a skateboard has neither.

I cycle to work to save money, but most importantly for health.

I do know and have known people who cycle to work because it was all they could afford.

But **** poor people heh, they should go screw themselves rather than inconvenience a few car drivers.

I cycle to work to save money, but most importantly for health.

I dont, as it would be difficult on a bike full of tools / materials etc. Im sure my customers would turn their nones up, if I was to rock up on me muddy fox with a 300litre megaflo under one arm and a bunny under the other. (Bunny being a Vailliant that is - I dont take rabbits to work, not that I have rabbits).

Drivers think they own the roads because they are the ones that pay tax. But what causes more damage to the roads, causing necessary repairs? Cyclists? Joggers? Horses? Or the thousands of polluting cars travelling up and down main roads every day?

Drivers think they own the roads because they are the ones that pay tax. But what causes more damage to the roads, causing necessary repairs? Cyclists? Joggers? Horses? Or the thousands of polluting cars travelling up and down main roads every day?

I do not think car drivers think they own the roads because they pay road tax, "But some do just think they own the roads, and probably don't pay road tax!"
But I must correct you on your other point. Hardly any wearing damage is caused by private motor vehicles, rubber tyres wear down first.
HGVs on the other hand do tear up the road surface especially when turning tight on hot soft tarmac. But worst, is our weather and a combination of water and freezing conditions break it up terribly.

Road bowls takes place on a road near me. An Irish tradition.
I avoid it at all costs when they are out.

As your miserable. ;)

Not my thing. Its for the paddies who like to gamble.
The reason I avoid it is because they look at you with the evil eye.
In other words stay off this road whilst were here.
I'm happy to oblige. ;)

Yes I understand that a car doesn't apply enough pressure to a standard road surface to cause damage to the structure below. A HGV on the other hand does and almost all, if not all, damage to the structure of our roads is caused by HGVs.

This HGV damage eventually allows water to get in, which when it freezes, causes the road to break down.

I am happy for cyclists to use the roads free of charge but not the pavements. They are for pedestrians. Cyclists who ride on pavements are remarkably foolish in my opinion, if they hit somebody they would be liable to pay damages. Certainly if they hit me and I had to take time off work (I am self employed) I would expect them to compensate at my daily rate. That would get expensive quickly, could even end up costing them their house.

Dont worry it will soon be the morning, then you can all sit in your cars stuck in all that traffic burning that lovely expensive fuel up :LOL: :LOL:

I will then proceed to cruise down the side of your cars while your stuck in that traffic and get into work before people that live over the road from me oooo and i forgot to mention this will cost me buuuuuger all ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dont worry it will soon be the morning, then you can all sit in your cars stuck in all that traffic burning that lovely expensive fuel up :LOL: :LOL:

I will then proceed to cruise down the side of your cars while your stuck in that traffic and get into work before people that live over the road from me oooo and i forgot to mention this will cost me buuuuuger all ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And keep you healthy and save on pollution, good on you mate.

Sponsored Links
Back