Deletion of pointless replies! (now locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can understand deleting replies which in some way can upset readers. Also on the odd time when a duplicate has been posted, or an error where the posted can't delete but only change the content to say duplicate for example.

Threads often move away from prime subject, and continue after the person who started the thread has got his answer, never before have I had one of my posts deleted, and to be deleted with reason given as pointless is like a punch in the teeth.

Good Bye

Sponsored Links
Some of my post were deleted as they were considered pointless. It would be more constructive ( and less rude ) if the Mod who deleted them took the effort to give more than a curt one word "reason". But I guess at 02:33 the Mod was not at his or her best.

Sponsored Links
Eric. The thread was not locked because of you.
It was Winston and his continued pedantry, so blame him.
It's not pedantry.

Refusing to accept that there is such a thing as a nominal voltage, refusing to accept that you can have something called an electronic transformer - these are not expressions of excessive concern with minor details and rules. No matter how unimportant others consider the truth, a pedant is right about what he says. Winston (and Bernard, sometimes) are just wrong.

OK I've calmed down now, even if it was pointless, to have a post deleted for that reason just seemed wrong. I have seen so many pointless posts where even the person posting it has admitted it was pointless, often with a comment like "deleted" or "sorry posted in wrong thread" and these have been left in the thread.

Had it said some thing like "deleted together with problem posts" or even more, "deleted to keep thread linked" then I would have accepted it, however is seems some one deleted a load of posts with the comment "
Your post in the thread LED Spotlights only flash once when turned on. was deleted. Reason: Pointless

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/account/alerts#ixzz4Y5qOoYaO
And the last post was by winston1
which said
+++++++++++++

Pointless squabbling is no longer required

+++++++++++++

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/l...ash-once-when-turned-on.476689/#ixzz4Y5r43Lij
So it looked as if this guy winston1 had been allowed to delete my posts and lock thread if this guy winston1 has got admin rights and can delete my posts then I felt it was time to leave forum.

It was not about what I said, or what winston1 said, some times we have to agree to differ, it was that some one labeled my post as pointless. It makes one feel no point in posting.

So it looked as if this guy winston1 had been allowed to delete my posts and lock thread if this guy winston1 has got admin rights and can delete my posts then I felt it was time to leave forum.

Just to put the record straight. I did not delete your posts, I can't, I don't have admin rights.

That last post attributed to me

+++++++++++++

Pointless squabbling is no longer required

+++++++++++++

was not written by me.

... So it looked as if this guy winston1 had been allowed to delete my posts and lock thread if this guy winston1 has got admin rights and can delete my posts then I felt it was time to leave forum.
That's obviously not the case. Winston clearly does not have 'admin rights', and I certainly hope (and presume!) that he is never given them.

He is just an ordinary member and, as such, cannot delete any messages (even his own) or lock any threads. It was obviously done by a mod, and when they do that (because of unhelpful or 'squabbling' exchanges etc.), they sometimes remember to delete other related messages (written by 'innocent' people, but referring to, and maybe quoting, things written by 'the culprit') and well as the 'culprit' one - and that appears to be what happened in this case.

Kind Regards, John

++++++++++
mod's note

Experimentally, a special thread has been set up for any further arguments about transformers. Please do not put them in other threads.

If it gets abusive it will be removed.

Also, please see the footing of this post.

++++++++++

Last edited by a moderator:
BAS, for some reason never admits he is wrong even when he is.
I do when I am.

In this case I am not - there really are things called electronic transformers, whether you like it or not.

============================
Different mod.
It's pretty Pointless arguing with each other about your habits, you'll always disagree. Such comments are ALWAYS "off topic" so liable to random deletion - it depends what we see. Nobody reads everything.
Yes there are Electronic Transformers. You said it, there's no point arguing that you're right.
Move on.
============================

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I for one am gratefull to the Mods, this Transformer millaki was getting silly.
Winston was warned months ago and still persisted
Also credit where due Bas has apoligised various times when hes messed up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back