DIY changing expansion vessel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, first post here....

I've been trying to track down a leak on my system for a while and finally I'm pretty sure I've figured out the problem.

My expansion vessel is leaking water into the air chamber, a small amount of moistutre comes out of the air valve at the top when you press it and I keep having to top up the system.

The thing I wanted to ask, Is it as easy as it looks to remove and replace?

On my boiler (vokera) the expansion vessel is easily accessable so is it just a case of draining vessel then swapping it out for a new vessel?

I'd really like to have a go at this myself as it looks soo easy but if this job is a "big no no" for a diy-er I'll have to get an engineer in.

Thanks in advance for any advice or info..

Sponsored Links
Is there nobody out there who can shed some light on this?

I would have preferred getting flamed than ignored...:unsure:

What model Vokera?

Most were fitted with 8 litre vessels and some with 6 litre vessels.....about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

External vessel correctly sized would be the way forward.

It's a vokera compact 29.

I know it's a pretty poor boiler to begin with but at the time it was all I could afford to replace the baxi I had before.

I'm fairly confident in swapping out the old vessel for a new one but I'm not so sure about creating the new pipework for an external vessel.
I know an external one would be better and cheaper but I would probably need someone to do the piperwork for it and that would probably mean it would cost more than fitting the original part

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back