DIY Gas Work IS NOT Illegal

• Thread starter Water Systems
  • Start date
ChrisR said:
WS you're having trouble reading.
If the HSE don't believe an absolute ban should be on DIY, then DIY gas work must be....not banned?
It isn't banned. We all know that. You are pretending that we are saying otherwise. Why?

Because many here do say otherwise. That is why I created this thread. Even on this thread one was say all work on gas needs ACS. A few posts above was the law stating otherwise.

Sponsored Links
You must be competent, acs is the only proof of competence, corgi is the restration body to allow you to work on gas. Therefore I will give you that if you have a current acs it would be ok for you to diy your own gas, if not then fine as long as you do a good job it will never be picked up, do a bad job and get the full force of the law down on you....if you don't kill yourself first.

fitz1 said:
give your name and address and tell us next time you work on gas and we will get in touch with corgi with your details and see what occurs. we will all know for sure then.

Nothing to do with them. They are a registering authority only for people making a living out of gas work - not DIY. It the HSE who are responsible for safety.

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
You must be competent, acs is the only proof of competence, corgi is the restration body to allow you to work on gas.

My God!!! They are like the brainwashed Hitler Youth. Read the first post!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. BUt the CORGIs here say all gas work has to be done by CORGI men by law. Total tripe. DIY work is LEGAL
NO they do not all say that. I'm corgi registered and I know several of the others are too - all NOT saying what you claim they/we are.
You're the one who's talking tripe.

ollskis got it. i think it was 2004 when they ammended it to one had to be competant,and the only proof of competency accepted is ACS.you need corgi to work on other peoples.

just one question

who cares

if you wanna work on your gas suppply go ahead no one here will stop you

why do people like you, raden etc get soo hectic that some of us work hard to become qualified aint that our look out? why do you care as you have it all figured out?

Also why think that just because people like me worked hard to gain these (in your opinion) useless waste of time qualifications that we are hell bent or ripping of those poor folk who rather like a trained person coming to thier property and sorting out their problem or servicing their appliance.

Really what skin off your noses is it and why do you take the time to mount something akin to a mission to convert us?

Of course you would be quite happy for a bloke who has readers digest "DIY surgery" to remove your appendix?? as it aint illegal (well it probably is but i cannot be bothered to find out)

At the end of the day the regs are vague about this but I would rather be able to prove competence than expect people to just take my word for it.

Get over it lads you aint changing nothing!

fitz1 said:
ollskis got it. i think it was 2004 when they ammended it to one had to be competant,and the only proof of competency accepted is ACS.you need corgi to work on other peoples.

Boy this one is slow. Read the first post!!!!!! Further down I even sipped some that clarifies it.

WS

I know that you are old and retired but I did not know that you were old enough to remember the Hitler Youth !

I saw them on the History channel !

Why dont you post your name and address, if you are so sure that you are right, then we can ask the HSE to investigate you?

I am sure they will be able to caution you against incitement to carry out incompetent gas work!

Tony

which part do you mean. i cant find anything saying you dont need to be competant.

corgiman said:
just one question

who cares

if you wanna work on your gas suppply go ahead no one here will stop you

They can’t as it is legal.

why do people like you, raden etc get soo hectic that some of us work hard to become qualified aint that our look out? why do you care as you have it all figured out?

What you are qualified in is irrelevant to the topic.

*** cut the rest, it was wayward off target ramble ***

nawty fitz

keep this up and his head will explode with righteous indignitation

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

shame on us thicko corgi peeps, sheesh what mugs are we ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back