DIY Gas Work IS NOT Illegal

• Thread starter Water Systems
  • Start date
They cannot be named and shamed because they ensure they hide behind their screen names and take care that their real names are kept secret!

If they wanted to be taken seriously they would use their real names.

They know that they could not say that kind of thing under their real names!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
some lagal gas work
Ain't that the truth, got to have a few Stellas in, this weather . If you have too many and do something wrong just say you aren't charging for that bit then it's DIY so it's LEGAL cos some Waste of Space says so.

So, to summarise:

Water Systems said:
DIY gas work is not ilegal.
Water Systems said:
The opinons of people here are worthless. The LAW says DIY is legal. End of story.
But, seemingly, that wasn't the end...

Water Systems said:
DIY is LEGAL ACS means sweet nothing. Read the post again. It is the law not my opinion.
Water Systems said:
If it is not illegal then is must be....legal?
Water Systems said:
Either DIY gas work is legal or it is not legal. DIY gas work IS LEGAL.
Water Systems said:
No asumption in the law DIY gas work is LEGAL.
Water Systems said:
Total tripe. DIY work is LEGAL
Water Systems said:
Well the law is glib, as DIY gas work is LEGAL.
Water Systems said:
Further down I even sipped some that clarifies it.
Water Systems said:
The topic is DIY. DIY is legal.

Does anyone know what happened to Peters and Lee?

Water Systems said:
The opinons of people here are worthless. The LAW says DIY is legal. End of story.

Nothing wrong with that.

Now show me where it actually states that DIY gas work is legal, the truth is it does not, it is merely your interpretation of the law.

Why is it that people who make such an issue about the legality of this subject, are so intent on forcing their opinions onto others.

Gasman1015 said:
Why is it that people who make such an issue about the legality of this subject, are so intent on forcing their opinions onto others.
It seems to be a fact of life that the people who are the least secure in their beliefs are the most indignant when those beliefs are challenged.

Gasman1015 said:
Water Systems said:

Nothing wrong with that.

Now show me where it actually states that DIY gas work is legal, the truth is it does not, it is merely your interpretation of the law.

Oh NO!!! Not another Hitler Youth. Read the first post. It is clear you would get lost after the 2nd sentence. OK you can't understand the 1st post (if you can't how come you are CORGI registered), so go down the thread to my posts. In one you will see I cut and pasted the detailed parts that says DIY is legal.

There, there. There you go March on.....

Softus said:
Gasman1015 said:
It seems to be a fact of life that the people who are the least secure in their beliefs are the most indignant when those beliefs are challenged.

Yes, that sums up you and Gasman1015.

Why can't you guys get your heads round a couple of unfortunate facts.

- the law was left DELIBERATELY vague to reduce the cost of enforcing it. ie. If DIY gas work was STRICTLY illegal, then the CPS, police, trading standards or someone would have to make sure the law was observed, by frequent prosecutions. Otherwise, there'd be no (even less!) incentive for people to become CORGI-registered. As it is, the 'authorities' can legally leave DIYers alone UNTIL something goes wrong (see below).

- the law is about BLAME, not 'taking responsibility for actions'. So when a DIYer screws up, there can easily be consequences. Once incompetence has been demonstrated, the insurance companies can put their money away, the police can prosecute (eg. for manslaughter), etc.

It's what a politician would call 'checks & balances'. Others might say it was a recipe for chaos and confusion!

Water Systems said:
Yes, that sums up you and Gasman1015.
No; I was referring to you, or do you have an example of either of us peddling the same indignant misinterpretation of the law tens of times on many topics on many forums?

WS said:
A sticky post at the top of this forum says that DIYer must have CORGI people in to do boilers.
No, it doesn't.

WS gets so much wrong he's have no chance getting everything right.

I wonder if he knows the proper procedure to do a leak test. If not, like all other diyers I've come across, any gas work would be illegal through lack of competence.

corgiman said:
just one question

who cares
DIY`ers do ........an example ........a friend has asked me to move boiler and do other plumbing....said no to boiler, tho` I`ve installed loads pre Corgi.....he is fine on that decision but asked because last time a Corgi did a boiler fix requiring 2 small parts it was £100 labour for 1 visit :eek: .Of course the guy has the knowledge to diagnose/repair where I don`t.........again, another Corgi work for t`guy`s sister ...few feet of pipe half a day £150.00 different Corgi.. :LOL: all the way to the bank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back