DIY Gas Work IS NOT Illegal

• Thread starter Water Systems
  • Start date
I must throw my ten pence in here........it IS very foolish to encourage DIY gas work for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

I can't see why anyone would want to take the trouble to argue the toss and I must question OP's motives unless he has an axe to grind with Corgis.

A man with a mission.............. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Water Systems said:
Yes, that sums up you and Gasman1015.
do you have an example of either of us peddling the same indignant misinterpretation of the law tens of times on many topics on many forums?

See post one. It is clear you understand the post. Again....
DIY Gas Work is LEGAL. If i write it often enough it might sink in.

You are displaying that you are thick if you can't grasp that from the 1st post. Also on page 2, I posted the exact details with clarifies legal DIY gas work.

HSE is concerned with trying to get CORGI men to do things properly. Boy, there are some cowboys amongst them.

Bahco said:
I must throw my ten pence in here........it IS very foolish to encourage DIY gas work for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

What obvious reasons might they be? It is dishonest to say that only CORGI registered peopel can work on gas, which many of the CORGI Hitler Youth on this forum say.

Water Systems said:
What obvious reasons might they be? .

Errr, I'll give you a little clue.................... it can be a bit dangerous. :LOL:

I really cannot see the point of your campaign. If you wish to do your own gas and feel competent enough, then go ahead as you obviously have some experience BUT you should not encourage the average DIY guy to do so.

I look forward to seeing you chained outside Downing St with your banners. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Why dont you post your name and address, if you are so sure that you are right, then we can ask the HSE to investigate you?

I think that WS underestimates the intelligence of the general public who would mostly not want to do any gas work because they already know that it can be dangerous.

WS keeps on repeating that DIY gas work is legal! Of course what he means is that "it is not ILLEGAL which is not exactly the same thing. He also forgets the qualifier "if its your own home AND you are competent.

Luckily there IS a law which can make it illegal if a problem arises and thats "MANSLAUGHTER" !

Tony

Bahco said:
Water Systems said:
What obvious reasons might they be? .

Errr, I'll give you a little clue.................... it can be a bit dangerous.

So can screwing on a car wheel as well. Very, very dangerous if not done properly. Could take out a few families on the motorway :LOL:

Agile said:
Why dont you post your name and address, if you are so sure that you are right, then we can ask the HSE to investigate you?

This one is a clear NUT.

**** cut rambling nonsense ****

Can't believe you are all still rising to the bait - trolls tend to go away when they are not fed........

It’s quite vague this, isn’t it.

Scenario 1.

A CORGI registered gas fitter fits some gas pipework. One of the soldered joints isn’t pushed home fully – but is providing a gas-tight seal. Pressure drop test shows no leak. Fitter gets his money and goes to the next job.

A few weeks later, the kiddies in the house are playing diving off the sofa, the pipe comes loose, gas escapes and is ignited by the static electricity from the shell suit of the oldest child who has just executed a triple somersault.

Was the gas fitter negligent? Was he/she incompetent? You decide.

Scenario 2.

A CORGI fitter fixes a new cooker to an existing point. Soundness test is OK. Customer later pulls cooker away from wall to retrieve the spatula that’s just been dropped behind it – pushes cooker back. Union at back of cooker starts passing gas. Customer goes upstairs and gets into a nice bath. The escaping gas ignites on the pilot of the BBU – kaboooom!!! Who’s to blame? The fitter? The cooker manufacturer? Or maybe the customer should have got a CORGI fitter to retrieve the spatula.

I’ll be interested in what the answers to the two scenarios would be.

Cheers

G (not a gas-fitter)

water sys you must be a football commentator,because just like them you keep dragging the same rubbish up again and again
diy gas work = england 1966 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Corgi should adopt the motto:- Strength through Joy :LOL:

'bout time we had a thermal store versus unvented cylinder debate just to bore us to death.

Come on Water Systems do your usual stuff. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back