• Start date
Water Systems said:
corgiman said:
just one question

who cares

if you wanna work on your gas suppply go ahead no one here will stop you

They can’t as it is legal.
thats all right then aint it well done you

why do people like you, raden etc get soo hectic that some of us work hard to become qualified aint that our look out? why do you care as you have it all figured out?

What you are qualified in is irrelevant to the topic.

*** cut the rest, it was wayward off target ramble ***

ok i meant to type that some of us work hard to get registered then? that better???

Sponsored Links
fitz1 said:
which part do you mean. i cant find anything saying you dont need to be competant.

You are getting slower by the minute. The topic is DIY. DIY is legal. Best you read the first post gain. You can shout it out loud as you go along - that will help.

corgiman said:
Water Systems said:
corgiman said:
just one question

who cares

if you wanna work on your gas suppply go ahead no one here will stop you

They can’t as it is legal.
thats all right then aint it well done you

why do people like you, raden etc get soo hectic that some of us work hard to become qualified aint that our look out? why do you care as you have it all figured out?

What you are qualified in is irrelevant to the topic.

*** cut the rest, it was wayward off target ramble ***

ok i meant to type that some of us work hard to get registered then? that better???

What has that got to do with doing DIY gas work? Answer: nothing.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
ollski said:
acs is the only proof of competence
How did you reach that conclusion ollski?

corgi is the restration body to allow you to work on gas.
Not for DIY work.

Well because the certifiates say 'certificate of competence' on the side and are definitive proof of competance that cannot be argued against.

no mate I know corgi are nothing to do with diy, that is what i mean. If you have acs and no corgi diy away.

I'm sure we will receive everyones interpretations but, to be honest, who cares?....this really does have to be one of the most tedious discussions to keep coming up. If people are dozy enough to diy gas let them face the consequences....it's the pillocks who actively encourage them that need stringing up.

Agile said:
WS

I know that you are old and retired but I did not know that you were old enough to remember the Hitler Youth !

I saw them on the History channel !

I saw it too. They had CORGI badges on their hats.

**** cut Hitler Youth brainwashed ramble ****

nothing at all

and my point is why do you find it necessary to shout out the DIY gas work is ok? its a free country and if anyone feels like they are up for doint it they will do it I dont think they have been waiting untill Water System gives them permission.

But those who have been waiting must feel so relieved that youhave put them straight

ollski said:
this really does have to be one of the most tedious discussions to keep coming up.

No need for it as the first post says it all. But the Hitler Youth keep saying other things.

Water Systems said:
Agile said:
WS

I know that you are old and retired but I did not know that you were old enough to remember the Hitler Youth !

I saw them on the History channel !

I saw it too. They had CORGI badges on their hats.

**** cut Hitler Youth brainwashed ramble ****

dont judge the service engineers, fitters etc by the organisation they HAVE to belong to

Not many RGI like or respect CORGI but we have no choice but to belong to them?

Agile said:
Why dont you post your name and address...
And why are you still harping on about this whole identity/anonymity thing?

i want to know what ban there is at present.what the restrictions are.because your post talkes about not having an absolute ban. therefore due to the wording of the said post , there must be some restrictions.

It isn't illegal to own a knife
therefore it's legal.
If I were upset , by seeing a dick growing out of some fool's shoulders, I might be so provoked that I'd cut it off.
Is there a law which says you cant do charity surgery?
It's diy so it's legal, right?

ollski said:
....it's the pillocks who actively encourage them that need stringing up.
Are you prepared to name and shame?

ChrisR said:
Is there a law which says you cant do charity surgery?
There is actually - that would be an act of assault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back