DIY or sparks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean carrying out an EICR is a criminal offence, ooh er, the prisons are gonna be full

Sponsored Links
This (from another poster and from the planning portal) seems to suggest that only notifiable work needs to be safe:

"Building Regulations: Checking for safety

Where the electrical installation work is notifiable it should be checked to make sure that it is safe. This checking can be done by:"

Shirley it's wise to have any electrical work checked for safety?

You mean carrying out an EICR is a criminal offence, ooh er, the prisons are gonna be full

So you think your behaviour is amusing, your standard of comprehension demonstrates you should not be working as an electrician, are you really "qualified"? because you don't know "or care" what EICR means. By your own admission you don't carry out an EICR, you said "I have no problem testing and signing off third party work, easy money" What about the Inspection and Condition report?

Can't be bothered with you, go away
Even if I do, the questions which you refuse to answer will not.

I didn't think anything read what you said, so how many times have you tested and signed off third party work? how many dangerous things did you ignore? will their house burn down tonight? will some body get killed? just for your easy money.
Have you actually ever seen, or read, the third part of a 3-part EIC?

Or an EICR?

Sponsored Links
By your own admission you don't carry out an EICR, you said "I have no problem testing and signing off third party work, easy money" What about the Inspection and Condition report?
Maybe that's what he is signing.

This (from another poster and from the planning portal) seems to suggest that only notifiable work needs to be safe:

"Building Regulations: Checking for safety

Where the electrical installation work is notifiable it should be checked to make sure that it is safe. This checking can be done by:"

Shirley it's wise to have any electrical work checked for safety?
Actual all electrical work must be safe ie comply with part p. However only for notifiable (higher risk of error) work you have to to follow the prescribed process for making sure. Otherwise it's down to you too decide what you're happy with (otherwise the would be a lot of red tape for less gain) there's nothing to prevent you getting your electrics checked even if you just changed a light switch, but the regs won't insist on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back