Do you read the News of The World ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a matter of interest I just wondered if anyone else has been cutting out the voucher to get a free collection of Life on Mars DVDs, one a week for eight weeks.

For seven weeks I have cut out the voucher and collected my free DVD from Smiths on either a Monday or Tuesday morning. This week the last voucher was in the paper, what a surprise - Smiths had only been sent a small amount of DVDs this week and they had been passed out on Sunday.
Two other people were also sent away whilst I was there having been given the same advise.

Why would there be plenty of free DVDs over the last seven weeks and then an obvious shortfall for the last DVD.

On the voucher there is the option to send £4.99 off and receive your DVDs in the post. Could this have been a long-winded marketing ploy to get us to part with £4.99 to complete the collection do you think?

Sorry to have had a bit of a rant about something so trivial but I am annoyed. I have e-mailed the News of The World.

If you have been collecting the DVDs, have you had this problem where you live?

Sponsored Links
I haven't been cutting the vouchers but it definately sounds that you are right, this is how they make their money :)

why not email the now and have a rant to them about it,you never no they might send you a freebie??

Sponsored Links
Back