Do you spend your life on the forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Palau
Does the cap fit or you going to shy away from this fact? :D
I spend too much time on various forums often an hour a day on average and possibly a lot more than that looking for stuff for the house, next car, hols, etc, etc

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you spend your life on the forums?
No, but it seems that way at times. I probably spend more time than I should on the net.

Last edited:
Many of us may spend a lot of time on a PC. In which case it's easy to flip between various apps'.
It's doesn't mean we're on the 'forum' for long periods. It can easily be a few minutes at a time, maybe amounting to maybe half an hour a day or less.

If you calculate the number of days since someone joined, then divide it by the number of posts you will get the number of post on average per day. The higher the number of posts per day, the sadder and lonelier the poster. Above 10 a day you must be a real loser.
Just to clarify, if you spend most of the time giving helpful DIY advise on any forum apart from GD, you are not a saddo.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you calculate the number of days since someone joined, then divide it by the number of posts you will get the number of post on average per day. The higher the number of posts per day, the sadder and lonelier the poster. Above 10 a day you must be a real loser.
Indeed posts per day is an interesting one, i'm averaging 0.4 per day, but even then if I had devoted 5 minutes to each post my 1892 posts would add up to an incredible 158 hours! (thats pretty much an entire week of my life!)

That all pales into insignificance when I compare it to my chess problem - can spend up to 3 hours a day playing online chess!

my chess problem - can spend up to 3 hours a day playing online chess!

Same! I play on chess.com now, was in Lichess. Got obsessed with winning the league I am in, and also doing tournaments.
I am only beginner level though. Maybe "advanced beginner" at a push.

I seem to be on 2.4 posts a day, in the 10 years I've been here.

This is NOTHING! I worked with two young women a few years ago, and they admitted that they can send up to 100 text messages a day just to each other. Now that is crazy.

Same! I play on chess.com now, was in Lichess. Got obsessed with winning the league I am in, and also doing tournaments.
I am only beginner level though. Maybe "advanced beginner" at a push.
Lichess is my favourite at the moment - I like the board anyliss that I can use at the end of the game to asses my mistakes. Also like doing the puzzles which takes up too much time.

I'm not that good (1700 - 1800) but the vast amount of people playing means I always get someone of my own level to play.

This is NOTHING! I worked with two young women a few years ago, and they admitted that they can send up to 100 text messages a day just to each other. Now that is crazy.

Your post count can easily shoot up EG on mums net I have got into arguments with the ill-informed and masses of posts. Thankfully this has been during WFH and my work time. But I do spend too much time and at times arguing with or just blanking clowns.

I spend quite a bit of time on the landrover, Range Rover forums as I'm trying to help advise on of our children about a 2-year-old landrover/Rangerover he is considering buying.

I used to post on the David Ike forums got banned, first and only ban for no reason other than questing a few re the way their brain worked.

A few years ago when I worked for ?? most of my time was spent on Mumsnet, investment forums and Digitalspy as the work was easy and as long as you did your work and did not visit suspect sites they were ok with it. Those were the days

Many of us may spend a lot of time on a PC. In which case it's easy to flip between various apps'.
It's doesn't mean we're on the 'forum' for long periods. It can easily be a few minutes at a time, maybe amounting to maybe half an hour a day or less.
With 137ish days behind you since joining and a post count of 2526 you get an awful lot into that half hour AngleEyes - around 18 posts on average. More than that if you’re not on every day.

With 137ish days behind you since joining and a post count of 2526 you get an awful lot into that half hour AngleEyes - around 18 posts on average. Wow!
He's averaging 18.4 a day, and that is just on this forum, I have him/her/it on ignore as I can't be bothered with its tiresome virtue signalling.

With 137ish days behind you since joining and a post count of 2526 you get an awful lot into that half hour AngleEyes - around 18 posts on average. More than that if you’re not on every day.
I'm a fast typist. :rolleyes:

He's averaging 18.4 a day, and that is just on this forum, I have him/her/it on ignore as I can't be bothered with its tiresome virtue signalling.
But you're that interested you take the time to count all my posts. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Probably at times but I come out at 4.3 per day. In real terms higher spurts at times. It needs to be a post that interests me. :mrgreen: This one doesn't much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back