Dodgy bath frame?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just had a builder/comedian doing some work in the our bathroom. Our bath is installed against walls at the foot and head. The frame that's been made for the bath front panel to be screwed to consists of a strip of wood nailed to the floor along the length of the bath, to which has been nailed three vertical strips of 2" by 1''. Two of which are flapping around a bit. Is this adequate or am I being overly critical?

He has buggered up almost everything else, you see...

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
No,it's bad workmanship.

2"x1" is okay with approx 5 upright supports and screws with L-shape brackets on each sides of 2"x1".Also make sure the bath frame support legs are screw down as well.You could also support the bottom of the bath base to the floor by packing out with timber to make it more rigid.Nails are not really suitable for this sort of work and finally Do It Yourself !! there are too many cowboys out there!

Okay, thanks .. but just to be clear: the 'frame' is just to support the front panel, right?. The bath itself came with its own bracket/legs arrangement that's strapped to the bottom of the bath - there are little knobs that stick out from the underside of the bath that the brackets key into. The bracket/legs have screw feet that go onto the floor to actually support the bath.

I've now got the moral dilemma of whether to really drop the guy in 'it' by complaining to his boss (it's an ISO 9002, FMB company). He made so many stupid errors.

Dave

Sponsored Links
You are right , the frame is just to support the bath panel but the bath panel will also locate under the rim of the bath and slot into a groove designed for this purpose. As for reporting the guy to his boss, it is well within your rights to do it because you are the customer and deserve to get what you are paying for and to an acceptable standard. I'm sure the guy's boss won't want a tradesman giving his firm a bad name which then puts the onus on him to either retrain and supervise the guy or give the job to a man who is going to do the job right and so enhance the reputation of the company and as most employers know , the best advertising you can get is word of mouth and personnal recommendations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back