does Atheism exist.......

Dex, the God Delusion wasn't that hard to read..was quite enjoyable..he did dumb a few things down a little, but that is his job I guess.
I found it not difficult but increasingly repetitive. After a while one gets the gist and it seemed as though he had pages to fill more than anything new to fill them with. Bit like Stephen King novels :idea:

Did it get any better towards the end?

I think he was writing it knowing that it was going out in america too...positive reinforcement I think they call it. :)

Sponsored Links
I think he was writing it knowing that it was going out in america too...positive reinforcement I think they call it. :)
Ironic really - affirmations of the non-existence of god.

Should have put it on an audible.com or earworms download :idea: :LOL: :LOL:

Ironic really - affirmations of the non-existence of god.

Should have put it on an audible.com or earworms download :idea: :LOL: :LOL:

I like RD for the specific reason that he is very reasonable...but doesn't take crap.

He has always maintained that he doesn't KNOW there isn't a God, just that it is so unlikely that there is that he is comfortable to assume. :)

None of this "There is no God, you thicko..." crap.

He has always maintained that he doesn't KNOW there isn't a God, just that it is so unlikely that there is that he is comfortable to assume. :)

Maybe I need to go back and read it again, 'cos the way I saw it was that he ridiculed any argument in favour of the existence. By implication, there is an element of "you thicko" about it.

Having said that, I gave my copy to the local oxfam bookshop. Wonder if the church around the corner has got a copy it can lend me. It might be hidden beneath all that gold plated stuff adorning the place ;)

Sponsored Links

Maybe I need to go back and read it again, 'cos the way I saw it was that he ridiculed any argument in favour of the existence. By implication, there is an element of "you thicko" about it.

Having said that, I gave my copy to the local oxfam bookshop. Wonder if the church around the corner has got a copy it can lend me. It might be hidden beneath all that gold plated stuff adorning the place ;)
RD does point out flaws in our God concepts.. and maybe has a laugh at some, but the concept of God..not so much.
Have you ever read The Satanic Bible By Anton LaVey?..that is an interesting read too.

Nope - have got a couple to peruse from you now. Amazon here I come ;)

Satanic Bible or Satanic Rituals?

Nope - have got a couple to peruse from you now. Amazon here I come ;)

Satanic Bible or Satanic Rituals?

Bible.
Most definately start there. The rituals get into 'magic' which can be tricky.
by tricky I mean if taken out of context could have you believe that he believes in flying brooms etc :)

For goodness sake don't ever say where you live Dex or it'll disappear quicker than you can say *****

Most definately start there.
ta

The rituals get into 'magic' which can be tricky.
Not all that nonsense about conjuring up the devil and other spirits. Read that years ago after looking into astral projections. :rolleyes:
...No no no..
Here is a statement from the current leader of the church of satan...
Might clear it up a bit..
Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice

For goodness sake don't ever say where you live Dex or it'll disappear quicker than you can say *****
I was of course referring to the gold adornments within church buildings; in particular the contrast between this wealth and my humble efforts to help those less fortunate by donating my own book to a charity. ;) You may also reflect upon the irony that a book about atheism may raise money for a needy person, whereas that gold in a church building will do no such thing :idea:

I'm off anyway...it's late and is my birthday so better get some rest.

Happy birthday skitz. That quote from the satanist is interesting - no external anti-deity, only the dark side of the force within.

I was of course referring to the gold adornments within church buildings; in particular the contrast between this wealth and my humble efforts to help those less fortunate by donating my own book to a charity. ;) You may also reflect upon the irony that a book about atheism may raise money for a needy person, whereas that gold in a church building will do no such thing :idea:
Yes, I got it, but it was just a joke

Sponsored Links
Back