Dogs

S

Soggy_weetabix

Just wondered what dog(s) you have and your opinion on them.

I have a Great Dane which gives me asdolute joy, until I hear for the 1000th time 'you should put a saddle on her'.

Bless em' as they all think they are funny.

Dave

Sponsored Links
i'm not particularly a pet lover, though i do understand how some animals can be loved.

the thought of my kids playing with pet s**t does not appeal to me. until they understand animals better, then we shall be petless.

i have nothing against animals. it is a humans perception of an animal that i sometimes fail to understand.

i would not hesitate to kill any dog that harmed my child.

anyone that harms an animal for fun is sick.

i think a working dog is mans best friend. ;)

Sponsored Links
That's as bad as a girl on my forum that has a Dalmation. She's almost lost the will to live with the number of times somebody has said "spot the dog! Ha! Ha! Geddit? Spot the dog?"

I have two - a Staffordshire Bull Terrier/Collie X and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Both my boys love me to bits and I love them to bits.

But I am absolutely SICK to the back teeth of some people looking at them and recoiling with shrieks of "that's one of them vicious Pit Bull things". The younger one would lick you to death.

If you know and understand Staffords, you'll know that they are one of the most loving and loyal dogs. Everything has to be done at 100 mph though - no gentle walks for us - we have to hurry everywhere.

The worst bit about them? The bloody chewing. I can't find a toy that lasts them any length of time!

I'm lucky enough to have had a Golden Great Dane, a Lab, two Tibetian Spaniels and these are my and the wifes latest pair.....

All wonderful dogs, all with their own quirks. We would have had Staffys too except for my long working hours!

That's as bad as a girl on my forum that has a Dalmation. She's almost lost the will to live with the number of times somebody has said "spot the dog! Ha! Ha! Geddit? Spot the dog?"

I have two - a Staffordshire Bull Terrier/Collie X and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Both my boys love me to bits and I love them to bits.

But I am absolutely SICK to the back teeth of some people looking at them and recoiling with shrieks of "that's one of them vicious Pit Bull things". The younger one would lick you to death.

If you know and understand Staffords, you'll know that they are one of the most loving and loyal dogs. Everything has to be done at 100 mph though - no gentle walks for us - we have to hurry everywhere.

The worst bit about them? The b****y chewing. I can't find a toy that lasts them any length of time!

Hear hear!

Lady Macbeth had a dog called Spot.

As far as I know, it is the only domestic animal mentioned in Shakespeare, when it keeps her awake and she shouts at it "Out, out, damned Spot"

What makes me laugh is that dog owners actually think their dogs 'love' them.

What they don't seem to realise is that to have human emotions a dog would need a human brain. They are simply automatons that reflect human emotions without knowing it. That's what domestication means. It means that by natural selection it just so happens that a dog behaves in a certain way that humans construe as 'loving'. That particular animal then breeds the same genetic characteristics into its blood line and becomes 'domesticated'.
It's all in Darwinian theory if you take a look.

A Weimaraner lives with us. Soft as sh*t but I constantly worry about him knocking the child flying because of his size. He's bowled her over many a time when trying to get out of our way. Dented the fridge with his tail too! (No he's not docked)
Although he's great, I would never have another big dog again.

Id like an 'ard dog'...Staff, bulldog...pit bull...something like that who I can call Tyson..

Nice big thick chain..

He would look soooooooooooo good in the back of my ten year old Subaru Impreza with the four kids and a bleach blonde wife with love bites spelling out the dogs name on her neck.

Not that im generalising.. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back