Don't reset, FIND the problem

Exemplary service record and an enhanced crb. No criminal convictions or cautions other than traffic offences (speeding)

an enhanced crb actually is a higher clearance than a std crb as it clears me to be with children and vunerable people.

I suspect a security vetting only asks for a std crb. Do you have an enhanced crb?
Excellent credit rating - no ccjs
My rating really could not be any higher.
Ok then I apologise, of course I and others have the Enhanced CRB, no job otherwise, had it since it was introduced. We do lots of work in Nursery Schools, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Care Homes etc.
Just surprised you have that's all.

PS I don't really think the self gratification in your last sentence is warranted though.

Sponsored Links
Exemplary service record and an enhanced crb. No criminal convictions or cautions other than traffic offences (speeding)

an enhanced crb actually is a higher clearance than a std crb as it clears me to be with children and vunerable people.

I suspect a security vetting only asks for a std crb. Do you have an enhanced crb?
How little do you know.

And we all know how little that is.

Sponsored Links

How little do you know.

And we all know how little that is.

Know lots about Yale alarms more than most . . don't know much about other alarms other than general principles. I don't install them though. Do have various end user experience good and bad.

Do you ever actually answer any queries or just throw supercilious 'one liners' around?

I've never seen anyone trying to defeat an alarm. I've seen people (on CCTV) crawling on the floor to avoid dualtecs but never heard of anyone trying to access the alarm before, during or after a break-in. All that James Bond or Spooks stuff with tin foil, cutting red/blue wires, burning off insulation with the zippo and using croc clips is all fiction. If you want to break in somewhere, drive a stolen car in through the door or wall, run around inside for a while and then scarper...

I did see one funny one - after the break-in the perps smashed seven shades of 5h1t out of the FIRE alarm. I felt so sorry for it - it hadn't made a peep but it was destined for the WEEE pile after that.

And Europlex is right - it is increadably unusual to have to crash the NVM. Try fitting an ACT 1313 after changing the battery ;)

I've never seen anyone trying to defeat an alarm.
They wouldn't let you see them defeating the alarm. If they did then your reporting it would mean they had failed.

The James Bond and Spooks has to be fiction. No responsible program maker would show it being done in a way that would actually defeat an alarm.

If you want to break in somewhere, drive a stolen car in through the door or wall
Not much use if you want the theft to remain un-detected long enough for you to process the item(s) you stole. Nor is it any good if you want a good look around the place for information about something without the owner knowing you have obtained the information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back