Double pole switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Further to the previous question of Double pole switch.

I'm back! And Yes the Quantekshop swiitch company has told me the key switch is suitable for my garage door.

The motor of my rollaway garage door is according to garage door fitter iis of mains voltage, but have decided to check if the earth present in the cable from the motor verifys it's a mains motor.
It would be a bugger to take the motor out as that means removeing the whole door as the plate covering the motor is part of the support frame.

Just to clarify as I can't get hold of him as the cable to from the motor carries 4 wires consistent with sizes of mains cable. Now my assumption is as this motor cable carries earth wire I am assuming I've been told correct its mains. Reason : I have always though but never played around with elecs its bloody dangerous to do so, that any low voltage units do not need earth especially those double insulated like most electric tools. I am I correct or am I being a 'Dickhead' to assume that.
I would say I don't mess with elecs if I don't know exactly what I'm doing hence this question/topic posting.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried asking the manufacturer?

Perhaps they will send you a wiring diagram/installation instructions if you have not already got them.

Why don't you add to your existing post instead of starting a new one????.
I may be able to help but I'm not going to search through 100,000 old topics to find out what the sam hill you've already discussed!#

Perhaps they will send you a wiring diagram/installation instructions if you have not already got them.

Can't find manufacturer each time searching only come up with installers and they don't want to know unless I want to order a new unit. Greengrass.

Sponsored Links
Why don't you add to your existing post instead of starting a new one????.
I may be able to help but I'm not going to search through 100,000 old topics to find out what the sam hill you've already discussed!#

SUIT YOUR SELF PAL. BUT HAD A REASON BUT I WON'T WASTE YOUR OBVIOUS VALUABLE TIME EXPLAINING. GREENGRASS

Nope! all I find on searches are Rollaway installers have contacted one 4days ago and nothing. I contacted the orgianal installers from information left at the bungalow by previous owner. The istallers was as helpful as leaving butter in the sun. They said we'll come out to test it but that's £61 and the control unit is £300 + VAT a and if motor also add £240 to that. The key switch if I get current rating correct is £35.00

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back