Downlighters for hallway

Any idea broadly what we'd be looking at for an electrician to carry out the works below?

We've got a leccy coming out early next week to give us a quote for what we need done but would welcome a sort of ballpark figure for the works if possible - just to give us a feel for whether we may need to scale back if the cost is going to exceed our budget.

1. Master Bedroom:- (i) Install new ceiling light fitting, replacing existing light fitting. (ii) Also requires replacement of existing on/off light switch in room with dimmer switch.

2. Living Room:- (i) Install new ceiling light fitting, replacing one of the existing light fittings. (ii) Will require capping off of 2nd light fitting in room. (iii) Also requires replacement of existing on/off light switch in room with dimmer switch.

3. Main Bathroom:- (i) Install 2 new dimmable downlight fittings, replacing existing 2 downlight fitting. (ii) Also requires replacing existing double switch (one switch controls lights, one the extractor fan) with a double dimmer switch (and replacing one of the dimmer modules in this new switch with a push on/off module).

4. En-suite:- (i) Install 3 new dimmable downlight fittings, replacing existing 3 downlight fitting. (ii) Also requires replacing existing double switch (one switch controls lights, one the extractor fan) with a double dimmer switch (and replacing one of the dimmer modules in this new switch with a push on/off module).

5. Hallway:- (i) Install 3 new wall lights, one either side of door on landing (so two in total) and one on return wall in stairwell. (ii) New wiring will need to be run to all 3 locations. Replaces existing light fitting on ceiling. (iii) Install new on/off push switch to replace existing on/off light switch.

Sponsored Links
What would other forum members suggest would be the right height for the following:-

1. Ceramic half bowl uplighter on the return wall on the stairwell (first pic)

2. Two wall lights (see Homebase link below) on either side of the bathroom door on our upstairs landing (second pic)

?

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homeba...96|rnd:835798212679314210|dvc:c|adp:1o1|bku:1

282f6g1.jpg

zm188x.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back